The Great Food Truck Race: Support Your Favorite Team in the Finale

by in Shows, September 22nd, 2013

Food TrucksOn tonight’s episode of The Great Food Truck Race, the three remaining teams were surprised with news that the finale had already begun. Tyler informed them that in a Food Trucks first, all three teams would be participating in the finale, an 800-mile race through six states. But the teams wouldn’t know yet where they would be going. Tyler told them to expect anything: Speed Bumps, Truck Stops and a surprise elimination up ahead. And, of course, there would be more cities in which to sell.

The road would be a bumpy one for the teams in Chicago, starting with a taste challenge judged by the city’s mayor, Rahm Emanuel. Later there was a sales challenge selling NFL Hall of Famer Mike Ditka’s sausages. In the end, Tikka Tikka Taco won both challenges and got a head start to the next city of Annapolis, Md., whereas the other two teams stayed behind to wash dishes, a punishment doled out by Coach Ditka. At this point it could be anybody’s game to win or lose.

Who will win Season 4 of The Great Food Truck Race? You’ll have to watch next week’s finale on Sept. 29 at 9pm/8c. But until then, show your support for your favorite team in our Fan Vote, and tell us why you think your favorite team should win in the comments section below.

Tikka Tikka Taco

Tikka Tikka Taco

Perpetually in the middle, the guys from St. Louis held steady for six weeks, until Chicago, when they proved they could be contenders for the win. Their fusion Indian food has been a big part of their steadfastness, with dishes like their famous tikka tacos and naanchos, a new signature dish that was thought up on the fly in San Francisco. Will these guys turn their success into a winning streak?

Aloha Plate

Aloha Plate

These guys brought the aloha spirit from the islands to the mainland, selling their lettuce wraps, teriyaki burgers and Spam sandwiches, which they added to their menu after Minneapolis. They’ve steadily become the leaders of the pack, with multiple wins, but Chicago knocked the chips off their shoulders when they came in second to Tikka Tikka Taco. Can these guys rebound to bring home the win for Hawaii?

Philly's Finest Sambonis

Philly’s Finest Sambonis

These best friends from Philly have an insatiable love for the cheese steak, and they’ve gone out of their way in every city to ensure they had authentic ingredients for their dishes. But that dedication cost them precious selling time in Chicago, where they came in last place. They’ve been in the bottom far too often and have had their fair share of blunders along the road. Will the guys turn things around in the finale?

Watch the finale of The Great Food Truck Race on Sunday, Sept 29 at 9pm/8c, and come back to FN Dish for the exclusive interview with the winning team.

Get Classic Southern Eats in Alabama — On the Road with The Great Food Truck Race

This week on The Great Food Truck Race, the route took the teams to Alabama. On their first day Tyler had the teams getting their hands dirty — pick...

1. Sandra Finnegan says:

Go TikkaTikka Taco. You are awesome. Your from the show me state. Show everyone how its done. Love them. Food is great. Tikka Tikka Taco from St. Louis Missouri.

2. April says:

Go Aloha Plate! I really like these guys. They seem mellow and unassuming. It's wonderful how people come out to support them. Guess that must be the aloha spirit.

3. JJJ says:

Aloha Plate all the way!!! :) :) But I think Tikka Tikka is on a roll, and they have a good chance of sweeping right at the end….sambonis needs to go home….

• I was routing for the Slid Show But in the Twin City challange they were their own worst enemy. Their proformance was so lack luster, they showe no fight and were lazy. When they saw that their location was a bust they choose to stay and when they were park with Philly (which is my home city) they didnt go out and get sales. Philly's car was broke down for over an hour and they still blew them out by 1,000 bucks. The Slide Show eliminated themselves and i didnt feel sorry for them. It was almost an insult to watch them under perform. And to think was routing for them over my home team Philly because the Philly guys are real live Bevis and Butthead with a third member

Read more at: http://blog.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/2013/09/the-s

4. Sheila says:

Is anyone else feeling like Tyler is coming off as a jerk? His "look how clever I am" asides are getting really annoying. And I used to like him.

5. Moonfyre says:

we're rooting for Aloha Plate – keep cooking with island spirit, guys! Bring the truck home to Hawaii!

6. misswendee says:

First off, I'm seriously tired of hearing about "we're Hawaiian this, we're Hawaiian that, that's how/what we do in Hawaii, 'our' people this, 'our' people that." That's a turn off, Aloha Plate…just FYI. Secondly, don't even get me started on the "boys" from Philadelphia. (I say "boys" because referring to them as "men" seems wildly inappropriate.) And finally, I was simply beside myself, and cheering rather LOUDLY for the Tika Tika guys last week in Chicago. Not only are they professional, responsible, and above all, HUMBLE, they seem to be the most EFFICIENT team in the final running. Can't think of anyone more deserving of the grand prize. Good luck Tika!! :) :)

• ETE says:

GET A FRICKEN LIFE NO ONE DONT WANT TO HEAR YOU'LL BULL JUST SIT BACK AND WATCH THE ALOHA STATE BRING IT HOME

• Matt says:

Quote "First off", Dont be a HATER…. The "Hawaiian this & Hawaiian that" which Aloha Plate speaks of is all about pride from their upbringing and family which got them to being a top contender for SEVERAL EPISODES!!! Secondly, about your blog and connection with the Phillys…are you related?!? Finally, I have nothing against Tika, I think they're great and deserving of the prize as well; however…Keep in mind that they only won Chicago. "HUMBLE, EFFICENT" and $$$ is a proven CONSISTANCY with ALOHA PLATE. Shady?!? Haha!!!! That's what haters and "want-to-be" say. Get over it and look at the fan vote. You'll see exactly where the majority is rooting for.

7. Friv 10 says:

I like people who like them, thanks

8. Laurena says:

It saddens me to hear that there are people out there that are tired and turned off by hearing how,what, and the people do culturally in Hawaii. Hawaii is such a melting pot of all walks of life that people around the world crave to live in Hawaii. With the diversity of life in Hawaii people there have the Ohana (family ) ways of caring for one another. In my opinion, I think Hawaii is the most Humble state ever.
    You talk about resposible, professional,humble and efficient. My hats go off to each one of the teams. All of the teams needed responsibilty, professionalism, be humble, and be very effiicient in order to be where they are at.
    All of the Food Truck participants have worked very hard and used all their stratigic moves to get to where they were. As far as to Whom ever that winner will be i'm sure will be the deserving team.

Best Wishes and the Best of Luck to the winning Team.

Opuroad

9. azlorijayne says:

I sure hope that the big ol' lady in the White House isn't going to show up. I will shut the TV off if she does. I predicted this last week. We shall see. I am becoming very disillusioned with Food Network. They have become too politicized and are putting forth an obvious political agenda. It disgusts me.

10. azlorijayne says:

On the other hand, I'm rooting for Aloha. Go get 'em!