The Great Food Truck Race: Support Your Favorite Team in the Finale

by in Shows, September 22nd, 2013

Food TrucksOn tonight’s episode of The Great Food Truck Race, the three remaining teams were surprised with news that the finale had already begun. Tyler informed them that in a Food Trucks first, all three teams would be participating in the finale, an 800-mile race through six states. But the teams wouldn’t know yet where they would be going. Tyler told them to expect anything: Speed Bumps, Truck Stops and a surprise elimination up ahead. And, of course, there would be more cities in which to sell.

The road would be a bumpy one for the teams in Chicago, starting with a taste challenge judged by the city’s mayor, Rahm Emanuel. Later there was a sales challenge selling NFL Hall of Famer Mike Ditka’s sausages. In the end, Tikka Tikka Taco won both challenges and got a head start to the next city of Annapolis, Md., whereas the other two teams stayed behind to wash dishes, a punishment doled out by Coach Ditka. At this point it could be anybody’s game to win or lose.

Who will win Season 4 of The Great Food Truck Race? You’ll have to watch next week’s finale on Sept. 29 at 9pm/8c. But until then, show your support for your favorite team in our Fan Vote, and tell us why you think your favorite team should win in the comments section below.

Tikka Tikka Taco

Tikka Tikka Taco

Perpetually in the middle, the guys from St. Louis held steady for six weeks, until Chicago, when they proved they could be contenders for the win. Their fusion Indian food has been a big part of their steadfastness, with dishes like their famous tikka tacos and naanchos, a new signature dish that was thought up on the fly in San Francisco. Will these guys turn their success into a winning streak?

Aloha Plate

Aloha Plate

These guys brought the aloha spirit from the islands to the mainland, selling their lettuce wraps, teriyaki burgers and Spam sandwiches, which they added to their menu after Minneapolis. They’ve steadily become the leaders of the pack, with multiple wins, but Chicago knocked the chips off their shoulders when they came in second to Tikka Tikka Taco. Can these guys rebound to bring home the win for Hawaii?

Philly's Finest Sambonis

Philly’s Finest Sambonis

These best friends from Philly have an insatiable love for the cheese steak, and they’ve gone out of their way in every city to ensure they had authentic ingredients for their dishes. But that dedication cost them precious selling time in Chicago, where they came in last place. They’ve been in the bottom far too often and have had their fair share of blunders along the road. Will the guys turn things around in the finale?

Watch the finale of The Great Food Truck Race on Sunday, Sept 29 at 9pm/8c, and come back to FN Dish for the exclusive interview with the winning team.

Guy Fieri on the Family Dynamics at Play on Triple G: Family Style

Guy Fieri reveals what makes the upcoming Guy's Grocery Games: Family Style competition so unique....

1. Katie says:

Here's something to eat during the Great Food Truck Race Finale:

2. Penelope says:

My favorite team is gone, so I'm rooting for Aloha Plate. Cannot stand the Philly guys – they should have been gone long ago.

3. mlp says:

I don't dislike any of these guys but the Philly boys don't deserve to win. I'm going to be ticked if they pull it out. I've been rooting for Aloha Plate all along but I like Tikka Tikka Taco too so I'll be happy if either team wins.

• Betsy says:

Why did they change the rules. Seems like the Food network people wanted Philly to win this all along. Truly disappointed in rules this year. Even when Philly skipped out and didn't pay for the bread, their only "penalty" (if you want to call it that) is the amount was taken from their total take. Where was the penalty for doing something like this? I don't think any of the other teams would have gotten off so easily.

• JMC says:

Totally agree, Betsy. I was shocked they weren't booted from the race. Scary how the producers keep focusing on how they "overcome" their self-made obstacles. But after another week of disasters, Philly has really shown they're not ready to have a business.

4. Rainbowfan says:

Go Aloha Plate! This is going to be a fun finish….

• MoHub says:

I'm good with either Aloha Plate or Tikka Tikka Taco. I'd be very happy to see both get into the food truck business.

The Philly's Finest guys, on the other hand, are simply not ready for the Big Dance.

5. Amanda says:

The Philly guys should've gone home several episodes ago. Their lack of professionalism, arguing amongst themselves "pointing fingers", irresponsible careless actions for other vendors (the bread), ignorance on obstacles (dead battery), lack of food versatility (spending X amount of time to buy supplies when they couldve been strategizing & selling) etc… Would you really invest $50k on these guys Food Network?!? C'mon!!! The Slide Show is more worthy. Go Aloha Plate!!! Stay humble. IMUA!!!!

6. JMC says:

What a surprise! There just happens to be another Hawaiian Festival going on when our trucks arrive. I like Aloha Plate, but this is looking fishy.

• Hana says:

It's that time of the year for Aloha Festivals in Hawaii and if you can't be there you have to have your own on the mainland. There's a lot of Hawaiians and Polynesians living in the lower 48! Who can resist the island cuisine.

7. KJs says:

Philly's Finest…you lost this race because of your inability to get out of your own way. You know which town you are going to, but it appears you do absolutely no research about the area while on your way. If you don't get a good location…no sales. It's a shame too, because I bet your food is killer!

8. Albert R. says:

What should I comment on this amazing post: I don't detest any of these food trucks but the Philly boys don't merit coming first. I'm going to be marked if they insert it. I've been having my fingers crossed for Aloha Plate right from the start but I am fond of Tikka Tikka Taco as well so I'll be glad if either panel comes first.

9. Josie says:

Go Aloha Plate….keep fighting the good fight….pulling for you.

10. Susie says:

Go Aloha Plates!!!!!! Your gonna totally surf the competition,and win the truck.At first,I was gonna root for Philly,but when I saw Aloha plates,I was like nah,I am gonna root for them.My grandfather was born in Hawaii,and this is for him.Philly,should've went home,like one week ago episode.I can't believed that Tyler,let them continue on.When they didn't do what they promise,and that was.Also they did an very poor job,on finding an location,to get customers.They should've research the town more better to get an idea of where to get customers.