All Aboard Robert Irvine’s Restaurant Express

by in Shows, September 26th, 2013

Robert Irvine's Restaurant ExpressRobert Irvine may be known for rescuing America’s most dire eateries from the brink of failure on Restaurant: Impossible, but this fall he’s on a new mission: to find the most promising budding entrepreneur among a crop of restaurant hopefuls.

On his all-new series, Restaurant Express, Robert will challenge nine finalists to survive a culinary road trip across the West by proving not only their fearless culinary chops, but their business-savvy mindset, as well, if they want to keep their seat on the Restaurant Express bus. Week after week, it’s up to the contestants to demonstrate their staying power and impress Robert — a notoriously no-nonsense chef and experienced entrepreneur — by excelling in the host’s demanding challenges, both in the kitchen and out.

At the end of the journey, only one contestant will still be on the bus, and that person will have earned the title of executive chef and a leadership position on the team at the flagship restaurant The M Resort, Spa and Casino in Las Vegas.

What kinds of obstacles will the finalists face? Oppressive desert heat to be sure, plus early-round eliminations, limited budgets and discerning taste-testing critics, which means that, for these contestants, there’s no easy way to secure a bunk on the bus.

Tune in to the premiere of Restaurant Express on Sunday, Nov. 3 at 9pm/8c.
Robert Irvine's Restaurant Express

Vote on Your Least-Favorite Foods as a Kid — Rachael vs. Guy: Kids Cook-Off

On this past Sunday’s episode of Rachael vs. Guy: Kids Cook-Off, the kids faced one of their toughest challenges yet, cooking their least-liked ...

1. Claire says:

Love the show – it's got excitement! Will absolutely watch all!! Thanks Robert! :)

2. @perri_cami says:

I love this show! How do I get on it??

3. Annette says:

I'm enjoying the show. I can't stand Adam … he's rude and arrogant.

4. Ron Wood says:

The show is wonderful. I have enjoyed both episodes and look forward the rest of the series. My favorite is Adam. He might not be a fan favorite, but he gets the job done. In episode two he showed he could think on the fly after his first suggestion was vetoed. Thank you Food Network and Chef Irvine. Keep up the good work.

5. Lindy says:

Bianca should have been let go last week. Since she forgot the eggs for her pancakes did she have 3 menu items and three different prices?

6. Val says:

I like the show but Robert should address the sanitary issues with Adam. I haven't seen a show yet where he hasn't had sweat running off him and running his hands through his hair constantly while cooking. This is a complete turn off to me. I would never eat at one of his restaurants.

7. FarmWifePA says:

I completely agree with Robert about the performance this week only we differ on some points. Some people showed their true colors, especially Eric and Adam, who constantly tells us how great he is! Eric's behavior was appalling! It was Seonkyoung's team, she won that and he took over and screwed things up ROYAL, including the wine debaucle! It isn't enough she learned the language and taught herself to cook and won the team leader, he takes over, puts her in that position and makes her read tickets? So much for his team work! Ok, she should have been more forceful and put him in his place, but this was supposed to be about team work, no? The hair thing was revolting and it was ADAM'S…he is the first one on the bus? Oh, please! Just what we need…more of his cocky bs when he should have been read the riot act. He is constantly running his hands through his hair and dripping sweat…GROSS! I would never eat food that he prepared! He was responsible for the issues with Patrick and if I was Patrick, I would have slapped him! Where was his team work? And he was the first one on the bus? Did I miss something here?

8. FarmWifePA says:

10 minutes into it and I'm already irritated beyond belief! Once again we get reminded of Adam's superior skills by none other than Adam. First couple of minutes we are reminded that Robert said Seonkyoung's lasagna was the "best meal ever" yet Adam was the first on the bus with his hair in the food. This is RIGGED!

• Epic Fail says:

I know what they're doing. Adam wins R:E, then has the restaurant he wins "saved" after it fails for a next season's episode of R:I. A two-fer.

Hmm…I should write for these things!

9. indygal501 says:

I fell asleep last night before seeing who got kicked off the bus. Hoping it was Adam since he totally bombed at the beach and is disgusting and arrogant in general.

10. gahhh says:

I think Robert is rooting for hot Korean chick. She looks like his Canadian born Korean wife.