Fans, Can You Name That Set?

by in Community, September 7th, 2013

Name That SetWeek after week you tune in to see your favorite stars’ shows and watch as they turn out signature specialties with ease. You’re familiar with their cooking styles, can list their go-to ingredients and have memorized some of their best recipes. But could you identify the set on which each tapes if they weren’t standing in it? If the space was simply empty? FN Dish is kicking off a brand-new series in which we’re challenging you, the fans, to name that set.

Take a peek at the photo above for the premiere challenge. Do you know which chef calls this space his or her own? For help in answering, check out the clues below to find hints; then click to find out if you guessed correctly.

1. This set was also home to an epic Thanksgiving throwdown with Bobby Flay back in 2010.

2. For the chef and popular blogger who cooks here, this space isn’t just a set; it’s also his or her recipe test kitchen, and he or she lives just down the road from here.

3. Not pictured above are the pair of basset hounds and several cats that frequently make guest appearances on this star’s show.

Think you can name the set above? Click here to reveal the show from which it came.

The Ultimate Pumpkin Cheesecake — Most Popular Pin of the Week

Whether you’ll be entertaining a crowd this Halloween or you have plans for neighborhood trick-or-treating with your kids, indulge your sweet to...

1. Sera says:

Ree Drummond has had no culinary training and is as much a chef as I am the Queen of England. Her recipes are lifted from church cookbooks without credit and she makes so many mistakes in the kitchen it's disgraceful. Why a woman who pours a can of soda over a ham has a cooking show is beyond me. Shame on you, Food Network.

2. Sue says:

Terrible show, terrible cook. Food Network has gone to the dogs for sure. I'll watch real cooking shows on PBS with actual chefs and credible cooks.

3. Tammy N. says:

I just don't get her success as a food network host. Every single recipe she posts has a major mistake. Usually cooking times are wayyyy off, as are proportions and serving sizes I really feel sorry for new cooks that look to her for guidance, then feel like failures because the recipe dish didn't turn out well. Many of Ree's recipes with errors are still posted on Food Network. I guess they don't have the staff to correct all her mistakes.

4. Guest says:

To answer the question, the kitchen belongs to The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. However, I think it's a misnomer to refer to her as a "chef."

I cringe when I see the haphazard way she measures ingredients; her explanations for why she's doing something a certain way amount to "because I can." I don't know if people are actually watching the show, or if she's paying you to air it, but I hope a better show comes along….soon!

5. Disappointed says:

I'm boycotting FN until they actually start bringing back real cooks and TRUE chefs…not ones that pretend. "Lifestyle" hacks just aren't my thing and I learn NOTHING.

Shame on your Food Network.

Who's with me???

6. Monika says:

Calling Ree Drummond a chef is a stretch….

7. c. deacon says:

The only home cook that has bassets hounds, like Charley, on her cooking program is Ree Drummond the Pioneer Woman.