“Watch Them Spread Their Wings” — Guy on RvG: Kids Cook-Off

by in Food Network Chef, Shows, September 11th, 2013

Guy Fieri on Rachael vs. Guy: Kids Cook-OffRachael Ray and Guy Fieri are back together again to battle it out, but this time it’s not with celebrities — it’s with kids. Last Sunday, for the first time, they started mentoring eight of the most talented kid chefs in the new series Rachael vs. Guy: Kids Cook-Off (Sundays at 8pm/7c).

“No one gets eliminated in this series. This competition is about educating, mentoring, encouraging and empowering the kids,” Guy recently said in an interview. “You’ll sit there, watch them and just be amazed. Whether you have kids or not, you’ll watch this show and ask yourself, ‘Why wasn’t this done 10 years ago?’ That’s the kind of show it is. That’s the kind of energy it brings.”

So can these mini chefs really cook? “Let’s get to the point on this: Kids can cook, and kids have a lot more awareness to food than we think they do,” Guy shares. “They program their cell phones better than we do, they play video games better than we do — they’re incredibly smart. I think they’re learning more now in school than when we were kids. So when we give them just a little taste of how we do it in the food industry, watch them spread their wings. It’s unbelievable.”

Watch an all-new episode of Rachael vs. Guy: Kids Cook-Off this Sunday at 8pm/7c.

Get more Rachael vs. Guy: Kids Cook-Off

Uniquely Austin Eats — On the Road with The Great Food Truck Race

This week on The Great Food Truck Race the food truck rookies found themselves moving from the Southwest into the heart of Texas. Because Austin is kn...

1. Not impressed !! says:

when the food network started they had shows that thought people how to cook ! Now they have cup cake wars and cake wars and chopped and smoker builders and all the rest of the bullshit show that don't show you nothing and I change the channel as quick as I can !!!

• MoHub says:

You don't need to change the channel. If you don't like FN, just don't go there in the first place. And you might want to see whether your Shift key is working.

2. Betty says:

This was fun. I love the little boy with the lisp.He is so cute. I don't care much for "little Giada" What is with the kid with fake glasses?

3. Really? says:

Letting a pre teen use a deep fryer is not the smartest move, not is rushing them when using a knife.

Half of these kids need some type of intervention for their issues.

4. Tamara Mattison says:

I LOVE what the Food Network does for us moms (who struggle with new ways to feed our families when we didn't go to cooking school) and what this show (Kids Cook Off) specifically does for our kids. It is wonderful for increasing a child's self confidence! It actively engages their artistic selves and helps break out of the stereotypical confinements that are placed on them. So GO KIDS and thanks Food Network, Guy, and Rachel!

5. MAK says:

This was one of the best shows I watched this season. I hope you do it again – Rachael and Guy were terrific mentors for these children. This was just good, wholesome television which was very entertaining. The children in these episodes sure had personality and I wanted to hug them all! They all did a great job and really made their parents proud.

6. Deb Alexander says:

I loved the show and all the kids, and there indavisual personalitys, the negative replays are a gast to me, how many grown ups do you know that don't cook ?? And theis kids have supportive parents and are supervised in the kitchen. I give them 10 thumbs up for cooking and using their imagination, and taste buds, not a skill everyone has.
    My kids were raised around a kitchen, they Aer grown and having there own kids and, I can't wait to get them in the kitchen !!!