Food and Love: Better Together on Damaris Phillips’ Southern at Heart

by in Shows, September 27th, 2013

Damaris PhillipsBefore earning the most viewer votes to become the winner of Food Network Star, Season 9, Damaris Phillips told network executives that “Southern food is the food of love,” and this fall she’ll be able to prove that with the launch of her brand-new series, Southern at Heart, premiering Sunday, Oct. 27 at 10:30am/9:30c.

Similar to her date night-focused pilot on Star, Damaris’ Southern at Heart will showcase this Kentucky-born chef’s made-over Southern fare, featuring fresh twists and contemporary takes, plus offer can-do tips for cooks of every caliber. No matter if you’re a single gal or guy trying to impress that special someone, one half of a new couple or a spouse in a longtime marriage, Damaris’ contemporary recipes will have a place on your table, and her inspired ideas will be applicable to you.

Leave it to Damaris, of course, to serve up her half-hour in the kitchen with plenty of laughs, as this notoriously quirky and downright comedic host knows how to show off her signature wit and down-home charm while making her how-tos easy to follow.

Don’t miss the premiere of Southern at Heart on Sunday, Oct. 27 at 10:30am/9:30c.

Related Reading:

Vote on Your Least-Favorite Foods as a Kid — Rachael vs. Guy: Kids Cook-Off

On this past Sunday’s episode of Rachael vs. Guy: Kids Cook-Off, the kids faced one of their toughest challenges yet, cooking their least-liked ...

1. Linda says:

Where are you Demaris? Missing your show!!

2. Linda says:

Demaris' Southern at Heart is my favorite new F.N. cooking show. What happened to it? I live in California, and have always wanted to learn Southern cooking. I enjoyed Paula Dean tremendously. Not a fan at all of Trisha' show. Don't know exactly why – I like her music very much, but find her a bit abrasive on the F.N. I agree with a comment above that Demaris' opening time slot at 10:30AM on Sunday was pretty bad, considering football season. I did eventually find her again on Wednesday and or Thursday afternoon. Scan the TV guide every week and every day looking for her show. Please bring her back. She has such a tremendous personality, and truly makes cooking a joy. Would someone from F.N. please EM me and let me know when her next season will be? Thank you

3. Shari Tolson says:

I am wondering as well when Southern at Heart will be back on with more episodes. Love this show!

4. Chris says:

What's up with the show? I recently changed cable providers and scoured the schedules looking for Damaris's show. It's GONE! Please bring it back! I love her personality and Kentucky charm! Want more!!!

5. Disappointed says:

Why is FN dark on the subject of Damaris. So tired of the loop of reruns of chopped, cupcakes and triple d. Southern at heart was refreshing, as is Damaris! Recently retired…very few shows on that I will spend my precious time watching. Lineup sucks.

6. Margaret & John says:

We miss Damaris!

7. allyn says:

FN you have a winner, please have Damaris do more shows, she is the next Guy Fieri. Damaris is a natural in front of the camera. Would watch any and all shows she is in. Watching The Next Food Network Star I could tell she would be the winner the first week of th show. Soooo glad she is on FN.