Take an Exclusive Video Tour of The Shed

by in Behind the Scenes, Shows, August 3rd, 2013

More than just a barbecue joint, The Shed is an experience, full of unforgettable people, live blues jams and, of course, a seemingly never-ending supply of saucy ribs, pork, chicken and brisket. You’ll get to see firsthand the work that the Orrisons — the first family of Mississippi Barbecue — put into making their business run smoothly when they share a sneak peek of their upcoming series, The Shed, tomorrow at 10pm/9c.

Before then, however, FN Dish is giving fans the first look at The Shed and an exclusive opportunity to hear from Brad and Brooke, the brother-and-sister founders of The Shed. Click the play button on the video above to get an insider’s look at the property’s junkyard, Brad’s never-before-seen outdoor office and a glimpse inside The Shed’s kitchen, where Hobson— the pit master — has prepared nearly 1 million pounds of barbecue.

Tune in Sunday at 10pm/9c to catch a sneak-peek episode of The Shed, then watch Monday at 10pm/9c to see the season premiere.

Related Reading:

“You Have to Be Able to Play the Game” — Alton’s After-Show

To survive — and thrive — on Cutthroat Kitchen, it’s not enough to be able to work quickly under pressure or to deliver a well-seasoned plat...

1. Michele says:

I have been disappointed by the apparent staging and phoniness of "Mystery Diners" and "Restaurant Stakeout". However, they are nothing compared to the manufactured script and situations in "The Shed". To make matters worse, it's not even humorous–just stupid. Since this is the Food Networ, is there some reason we can't actually have some cooking shows in the evening lineup?

2. Paula DuMoulin says:

The Shed is the worst show on food network! It insults any intelligent's of your viewers! The show and it's contents are STUPID!

3. Andy says:

I am a resident of south MS. This is not how the majority of people look and act. I have visited the shed in the past and this show is staged and fake. This show poorly portrays residents of south MS and knocks us back decades in the public eye.

4. BGB says:

Now the FN has jumped on the "redneck is hot" bandwagon. ARE YOU SERIOUS??? You dumped a valid Southern show where COOKING WAS REAL ( you know who I mean) for THIS?
    FN you have so few really teaching/interesting FOOD shows left anymore. Please go back to basics!

5. Mrs T says:

Well I'm guessing they call themselves Shed heads cause POT heads wouldn't be appropriate for tv. The Shed was the most fake show I've seen in awhile. If people knew the real truth as to how the shed burned down they wouldn't support them anymore.

6. mike says:

the shed stinks period, could not get passed the 10 minute mark, what a loser of a show. Food network you have to be kidding right?

7. Sheree says:

First off I would like to say that I do like the competition shows on prime time Food Network. And I do like Food Network Star (but I thought this season was just plain vanilla… A snoozer) and I do like Duck Dynasty. So I think I might be in the demographic to which this show is targeted. That being said I thought this show was one of the dumbest shows I have ever seen on Food Network.

It seemed very staged which turned me off.

8. C Nobel says:

I have tried to watch this program twice and simply have not been able to get beyond 7 – 8 minutes. This is the epitome of "nothing new here", mindless programming. It's as if no one is capable of having an original thought any more. SHAME ON YOU!!!

9. Linda says:

So you fire a very distinguished southern lady for telling the truth under oath at a hearing, then put something as stupid as this show on Food Network. It is my understanding that by law, when a person is under oath, they are required to tell the truth. Paula Dean was brought up in an era when shamefully a lot of southern people used the word she spoke truthfully about using. Food Network really missed a teaching moment here. Instead of punishing her the way you did, you could have put forth something with her in it to help this country come out of such an era. BUT no. Just fire her and then proceed to put on a show that goes out of its way to represent Mississippians as redneck, ignorant, idiots. Really "Shed Pimps" and an employee of the shed bathing in a tub of macaroni and cheese? That is really distinguished and well representative of food products. You may want to research your programming food network before putting on such idiocy. As a resident of South Mississippi, I am embarrassed by this show and hopefully Food Network will pull it and replace it with something with much better taste.

• Cheryl says:

Very good point! The Shed has to be the dumbest show on Food Network. Perhaps it should be moved to air right after Swamp People since this is the type of viewer they are looking to attract. Very Disappointed in Food Network shows lately

10. Decie says:

I have not watched the show and after reading the comments I don't think I will but I was passing through and ate at the shed today and it was yummy!