Giada De Laurentiis to Open First Restaurant in Las Vegas

by in Food Network Chef, News, August 22nd, 2013

Giada De LaurentiisYou’ve seen her host her own Food Network series, including Giada at Home, and mentor budding talent on Food Network Star. She’s an Emmy award winner, a six-time cookbook author and a mom. Now the Italian-born Giada De Laurentiis can add one more accomplishment to her long list of accolades: restaurant owner. After years of speculation regarding if and when this Food Network superstar would launch her very own eatery, Giada announced yesterday that she’s set to open her premiere restaurant in Las Vegas. “Ever since I was a little girl hanging out at my grandfather’s restaurant, I’ve dreamed of having a restaurant of my own,” Giada said. “Now, I couldn’t be more excited about working with Gansevoort Las Vegas and Caesars Entertainment to turn this dream into a delicious reality.”

Perched high above the glamour of the shining Sin City, Giada’s restaurant will take over the second floor of the not-yet-opened Gansevoort Las Vegas and offer outdoor dining, plus striking views of the Las Vegas Strip. The menu, of course, will keep with the style of classic yet innovative Italian fare fans have become familiar with on Giada’s shows and in her cookbooks; freshly baked breads, antipasto, signature pastas, flatbreads and custom desserts are just a few of the specialties she’s promised to unveil at her sure-to-be-hot spot when it opens early next year.

In true Giada fashion, her restaurant’s design will feature a one-of-a-kind mix of California-cool plus traditional Italian comfort, thanks to the open-concept kitchen and posh yet plush seating. Luckily for Giada’s hungry fans, her expansive restaurant will welcome nearly 300 guests for lunch and dinner, so everyone will be able to experience the inviting atmosphere and menu firsthand.

3 Creative Ways The Pioneer Woman Uses a Cast-Iron Skillet

Long-lasting and relatively inexpensive to purchase, cast-iron skillets are perhaps the ultimate workhorses in the kitchen, as they can move from the ...

1. Saundra says:

Why am I not surprised. Another celebrity chef restaurant in one of the most vulgar cities in America? I'd be loathed to spend so much time away from her yummy husband, Todd, and that adorable Jade. I wish her well, however.

2. Cindi says:

Time away from her family??? Her show is filmed in her home….so, she's with her family every day. & Las Vegas is about a 45 minute flight or a 5-6 hour drive..depending on traffic!

3. Ann Proctor says:

I never watch her show anymore as I got tired of seeing her exposed breasts. We know you have them so please cover up.

• Sofia says:

I'm totally agree with your comment. Sometime, I'm confused I'm watching cooking channel or something else. I'm not comfortable watch her show with my son anymore. She wasn't like that when she started show.

4. Johnny says:

That for me is a perfect beauty.

5. People don't need to be posting nasty or negative comments! Just don't say anything if you don't have something nice to say in life! I love her cooking and recipes

• People don't need to be posting nasty or negative comments! Just don't say anything if you don't have something nice to say in life! I love her cooking and recipes, and she dresses fine…. If you have in mind always 'sex' that's another topic, maybe that is why you can only see her breasts instead of her way of cooking and listening of her great cooking tips.
      I cannot wait to taste a dish at your restaurant when I get to visit again las Vegas!! Good luck Giada!!!

6. kandy says:

I love the idea of Giada opening the restaurant in Las Vegas. To say that Vegas is vulgar you haven't lived there, her family will fit in great.

7. Your blog so impressive I will be share your blog in my close. Thanks for sharing.

8. cathy cresto says:

How can people be so cruel , Giada is a lovely person , I love her shows , I also can't wait for her to open her restaurant in Las Vegas, my husband and I go every year and love sin city. Giada don't pay any attention to what people say. Keep up the good work.

9. Ethel Dorio says:

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to visit your restaurant… You are such an inspiration to a lot of woman. An elegant, beautiful, wonderful and happy person and it radiates to your cooking. I hope to see you in person one day.