Go Behind the Scenes of Cutthroat Kitchen with Host Alton Brown

by in Shows, August 9th, 2013

Cutthroat KitchenFood Network’s new series Cutthroat Kitchen is turning the average culinary competition show on its head by adding the element of a game — one that includes sabotage, scheming and backstabbing. The way it works: Each of four competitors is given $25,000 to start with — money that can either be kept as a potential prize or used toward sabotage and the purchase of items/challenges in an auction helmed by host Alton Brown. But the game is not necessarily won by the most cunning competitor. In the end the best-tasting dish wins the chef his or her prize — whatever is left of it!

In this video from E! Online, watch host Alton Brown give viewers a tour of the Cutthroat Kitchen set, starting in the pantry, where the chefs have only 60 seconds to gather the items they plan to cook with. Then he shows off his dumbwaiter, which carries up the auction items. And of course there’s the briefcase full of money!

Watch the premiere of Cutthroat Kitchen on Sunday, August 11 at 10pm/9c.

What to Watch: Let Food Network Magazine Take You On a Cross-Country Culinary Tour

Join Bobby Flay and Food Network Magazine on a cross-country culinary expedition to find the most-delicious dishes in the country....

1. A.B.Fan/ says:

Hey all of you nay sayers out there, the show is for entertainment not learning. To me it seemed like a fun show too watch on a Sunday evening with my hubby. I must admit though, I would love too see Alton in another cooking show that showcases his incredible skills and knowledge cause I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE me some Alton Brown. Wouldn't he be fun too sit down and have a cup of joe with and talk foodie stuff. Such a unique personality. Anyway I enjoyed the show and look forward for the series to continue.

2. Myra says:

I tried to watch, couldn't stand it, turned the tv off. Horrible show.

3. Chris Duong says:

Still love Alton

4. ricki says:

really did not give show much of a chance…couldn't stand more than five minutes. won't watch again.

5. Michele says:

I thought the show was a lot of fun. I don't know why it has to have a "point" other than competitive creativity and ingenuity. People don't need to get hung up on the "back stabbing" line in the promo. The contestant are all well aware that obsticals will be thrown their way and its all done in good hearted fun. I don't know why people take this stuff so seriously. It's only TV.

6. Dave says:

I am disappointed that Alton felt that this is the show he should do next. I have lost some respect for him. As far as the chefs act, I am not surprised at all.

7. TheOleGuy says:

I watched "cutthroat kitchen" for the first time. Totally turned off. Not only was it not entertaining, it was all about screwing the other cook over … not my cup of tea. Alton, you are talented, and enjoyable to watch in all of your previous presentations.

I will predict this show won't be on Foodnetwork, or any other network after a few months … if it even lasts that long.

8. BLane says:

I am a HUGE Food Network fan but soooo disappointed in this show. I don't understand why the judges do not know what they had to go through to produce the dish. That seems so unfair. I think the prize should be everyone's remaining money combined. Who wants to go through all of that and may only walk away with $1,000. So surprised Alton is hosting this one..this is more for Anne Burrell. Won't be recording or watching this one, twice was more than enough.

9. richard Casper says:

I truly enjoy this program,it brings out the best in a chief with what is before them. Only one thing I would like to see changed, an that would be to NOT let the judge see the people he/she are evaluating. Let them see nothing but the dishes before them.

10. Ja Lee says:

ummm who's the producer of this show…i'm guessing food network is on low budget or sum thing. Very disappointed with this show