The Original Pitmaster and First ShedHed, Brad Orrison

by in Behind the Scenes, Shows, August 19th, 2013

Shed fans know that Brad Orrison is the mastermind behind The Shed, the mecca for barbecue in southern Mississippi, but what fans might not know is that Hobson wasn’t the original pit master — it was Brad. “Food was always a passion for the family,” Brad recently told FN Dish. “During my college years I opened both a pizzeria and sushi joint. But what I loved the most was the aspect of barbecue.” From the restaurant’s inception to date, Brad has worn many hats.

Click on the play button on the video above and get to know Brad a little better.

Top 10 Recommended Eats from the East: On the Road with America’s Best Cook

On America’s Best Cook, Sunday at 9|8c, home cooks battle it out for the chance to win the title of America’s best cook, all while represe...

1. Bonnyjcib says:

I love the family, hate the show

2. TraciDR says:

They closed their four-year-old, massively popular Mobile AL location after close of business Monday night with NO word of warning to any of the employees. They simply showed up for work yesterday to find a note on the door stating "CLOSED". I will neither watch the show nor patronize any of their other locations. The Orrisons might make good 'cue but they make BAD bosses.

3. mark says:

will not watch or support their business all employees are key to make a business run.

4. Michael says:

Hate that these people who care very little about employees and acts like a jerk on live tv channel five news in mobile and then see them getting a show on here. Will not watch nor will I go to their business.

5. Gigi says:

Recommending to everyone not to watch this show, and to boycott your network if you continue to air The Shed. According to channel 5news in Mobile they are dishonest, sounds like they are nothing more than thieves. Based on the news piece I watched Brad seems very proud that he is able to steal from employees and the city of Mobile.

• kitten says:

I agree with you. My husband and I do and will not this show ever again. I am from the same area and no not all Mississipians are not like that. I have only ate there one time and now regret it. Will never do it again.

• Riser says:

Absolutely!
      He is a horrible representation of Mississippi!

6. tallen says:

They are crooks
    Will not watch food network..

7. thumbsdown says:

The Shed BBQ joint has a reputation for lacking proper business etiquette! Not only did they open for a brief time in Hattiesburg, MS, leaving several employees jobless, they did it again in Mobile, AL! I refuse to give them my business and I will be SURE to let everyone know what kind of business they run! Also, the show SUCKS! And the food is not that great either

8. Hill says:

Telling employees through a new crew to "go get a job" after closing your restaurant and not telling them they were losing the jobs they had is completely ridiculous. Brad is completely insensitive and unprofessional. Not to mention he makes all South Mississippians look bad and ignorant. We're not all like this, folks! MOST of us have class.