What’s Your Dream Mall Eatery? — Food Court Wars

by in Shows, July 25th, 2013

Food Court WarsFood Court WarsFood Court Wars is changing the landscape of food courts in malls across America. The series helps aspiring restaurant business owners open their dream eateries in food courts. Each team has something unique and homemade to offer shoppers who are excited to try something different while at the mall.

With every episode, the team that wins is given a food court space rent-free for one year, which is a big financial relief for a starter business. Popular demand for their food helps the leading team win — and outearn the other team. If you could dream up your own food court eatery, what would it be? Do you have a winning concept that you think would rock the food court?

Have you always wanted a restaurant to sell your specialty dishes? Tell us in the comments what your ideal food court eatery would be called, what foods it would specialize in and why you think it would give the other eateries a run for their money.

Watch Food Court Wars on Sundays at 8pm/7c.

Just Desserts — Testing the Cutthroat Kitchen Sabotages

Creating tiramisu can be time-consuming, as it involves soaking lady fingers in an espresso mixture and topping them with a sweet mascarpone cheese-ba...

1. Imara says:

How could you apple to be on food court wars?

2. Kay shah says:

Love cooking, would love to be in food court wars to win a year rent free. Located in cerritos ca. Have a great idea about indian flavored BBQs wrapped in indian flatbread( rumali roti) with salads and chutneys and pickles to accompany it. Tandoori wrap or wrap me up is the concept I'm thinking. Would love a reply. Thanks

3. Felicia M.-S. says:

Cookies vs. Cupcakes… You'll have to find your cupcake baker but I've got your cookies right here! You won't find your average chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies on my menu. My flavors are inspired by spices, herbs, fruits and foods and drinks that I love (both sweet and savory). They're flavors that people already know, but probably haven't seen in a cookie; like my Curried Peach Sugar Cookies (the word you're looking for is yum :o). I've been developing my formulas for the past 2 years and as the primary bread winner for my family, I can't just quit my day job unless I have a real shot. I need this opportunity to live my dream and give my family the life they deserve. I'm in the Tacoma/Seattle area and I can't wait to be a part of the show… thank you!

4. Maria molina says:

Hi, my dream for the last 10 years has been own a restaurant. I already have everything: the name " Saborr!!", recipes, logo, design… The speciality will be fajitas (chicken and carneasada) and Mexican style ribs (chile verde, adobadas and BBQ). I had been cooking since 2002 in my little catering business. So I love cook everything fresh and from scratch. I live in Las Vegas, so please give me a chance to fight for my dream.

5. Alan Michael Lev says:

My name is Alan Michael Lev, and I am a working cook/sous chef…I would love to be a contestant on "Food Court Wars", and I not only think I'd win but I'd blow away the competition with my concept, food, and personality.

I have been creating a business plan for a restaurant I call "NBC — Nothing But Chicken". Might even make use of the NBC TV networks' logo, with variation, of course (tho I think someone has done this before). As of this writing I have amassed over 50 different recipes for chicken, including soups, with the thought of running/rotating just 3 per day, besides having 2 styles of fried chicken, plus nuggets and wings available every day.

One requirement for creating a successful restaurant is the absolute need for heavy foot traffic…originally thought of placement near either a metropolitan downtown or university campus…a well-regarded shopping mall would fulfill this need for heavy foot traffic, too.

This is my fifth career, having been a Wall Street banker, NYC cabbie (Tucson, AZ, too), Telephone company retiree, professional photographer, and now in the Culinary Arts.

Have been working as a Seasonal travelling cook since it was exceptionally difficult to find decent permanent employment in the field where I wished to place roots. At the moment am working as a Grill Cook in a West Yellowstone, Montana steakhouse.

6. Leosbackroom says:

I am a restaurant visionary and have a concept that will revolutionize the food court industry.
    How do I apply to be on Food Court Wars? Where do I send my concept & Bio? Thank you.

7. GINA MONTGOMERY says:

I WOULD LOVE TO OWN A RESTAURANT IN OUR LOCAL MALL, AS THERE IS AN OPEN SPACE. I CAN'T COME UP WITH THE AMT NEEDED AS I LOST MY JOB THE END OF APRIL.
    I HAVE A FAMILY RECIPE FOR CONEY ISLAND ALL BEEF HOT DOGS AND MANY HEALTHY & VEGAN DISHES, WHICH OUR AREA COULD USE, AS THERE ISN'T A TRUE CONEY ISLAND HERE. I HAVE FAMILY DESSERTS THAT ARE AMAZING! I KNOW I COULD BUILD AN EMPIRE.

IT WOULD BE CALLED "MONTY'S DOG HOUSE" I HAVE OVER 12 DIFFERENT HOT DOG STYLES AND COMBINATIONS, I WOULD SERVE AS A WEEKLY SPECIAL.

PLEASE, GIVE ME THE CHANCE! I WON'T FAIL YOU. IN SARASOTA, FLORIDA :)

8. Lisa Vancil says:

I would to Tapatizers or Sliders. Come to North Dakota we will do right by you. Kneophla Soup would be a featured soup along with my north Meets South Kneophla Soup, Meatball Sliders, a Savory Breaded Chicken Waffletizer, would love to include a buffalo loose meat with Havarti Cheese. Would bring the Detroit Coney Dog into North Dakota, it would be a Great Hit, since so many have come to work in the oil fields. I would also utilize "North Dakota CSA Programs" to obtain the freshest veggies etc. as possible. Fresh Cut twice cooked French fries. Also, would do Milk Chocolate Potato chips. We would go anywhere to try out even if it meant relocating.

Just need a small chance to bring Great Personality, Awesome Service and Delightful Food to a USA Food Court.

9. Lisa Udy says:

I would love the chance to try out for Food Court Wars. I have a new twist on wraps. I would do comfort food wraps. Take the things people love to eat and make them portable in a wrap. __Example–Tomato, bacon mac and cheese wrap_ or sloppy Joe with coleslaw wrap. etc. would love a chance to compete. Lisa Udy