What’s Your Dream Mall Eatery? — Food Court Wars

by in Shows, July 25th, 2013

Food Court WarsFood Court WarsFood Court Wars is changing the landscape of food courts in malls across America. The series helps aspiring restaurant business owners open their dream eateries in food courts. Each team has something unique and homemade to offer shoppers who are excited to try something different while at the mall.

With every episode, the team that wins is given a food court space rent-free for one year, which is a big financial relief for a starter business. Popular demand for their food helps the leading team win — and outearn the other team. If you could dream up your own food court eatery, what would it be? Do you have a winning concept that you think would rock the food court?

Have you always wanted a restaurant to sell your specialty dishes? Tell us in the comments what your ideal food court eatery would be called, what foods it would specialize in and why you think it would give the other eateries a run for their money.

Watch Food Court Wars on Sundays at 8pm/7c.

Last-Minute Thanksgiving Tips from Bobby and Friends

Hear from Bobby and friends as they share good-to-know turkey day tips ahead of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday....

1. Robert A. Jackson says:

I have really enjoyed your show and find it a fantastic idea. The next time you are having auditions I would love to invited to try out. My spot would be called Cajun Kitchen, serving traditional gumbos, etouffees, and jambalayas. frog-legs, stuffed shrimp, crab cakes, poor-boys, beignets, red velvet cake, and pralines. You won't find these kinds of food in So.Cal, especially cooked the way they should be.

2. CJ Ash says:

My best friend Chad and I have a great concept for a food court restaurant. It is a wing shop with really cool sauces. We have been taste testing all of our friends for months now and have really good feedback. We would love to know how to get a chance to appear on the show. We are both vets, have numerous experience in restaurants as catering managers, general managers, executive chef, server training, etc.

3. kathy silva says:

Road Runner food truck is about to open (all on their own) at Camp Edwards (Otis) in Bourne ,Massachusetts. Run by Disabled VETERANS who learned how to cook! I think they deserve a chance at food court Wars!!!! Contact Milford Mass National Guard Headquarters to support them! or Kathy (military wife) at kjrmcs@gmail.com

4. Lisa Bowers says:

I would a chance to compete on Food Court Wars, the name of our spot is " Wok-a- Fella's" our concept is unique, we make everything in a wok from fried rice to spaghetti and meatballs, so that the public can pick and choose from fresh ingredients to their taste what they want to eat. How do we apply?????

• Alan Michael Lev says:

I really like the name you've chosen…had a friend in Tucson, AZ who opened a Chinese restaurant, named it "Wok n' Roll"…

5. David Wolff says:

Our idea is a new twist on an old favorite. We have a menu of 10 different styles of cheesesteaks, ranging from tex-mex to oriental to unique combinations of styles. The Name is "Everything's At Steak". The steak will be freshly sliced from quality top round. We've found an excellent roll, and in NY style, we butter and grill the bread. It's a simple formula, easily duplicated, and perfect for a food court. Sides would include unique twists on such classic favorites like corn on the cob and french fries. I am a culinary arts graduate, a former sandwich shop owner, a husband and father of two, and look good in front of a camera. :)
    Thank you for your consideration.

6. Tracy Crawford says:

I would like to know how to apply to be on Food Court Wars. My concept Simply Crepes :)

7. cassandra says:

I have a concept for food court wars all desserts I would love to compete give me a call

8. cassandra says:

I forgot to leave the name in my first comment SWEET WONDERS

9. Cherisse says:

Da Bahamian Kitchen giving you a taste of the Bahama Islands. With island favorites such as grouper fingers, curry chicken, conch fritters, peas n' rice and my personal favorite………………Bahamian baked macaroni and cheese! Yum, yum. We will also will feature tasty island drink delights like Skyjuice(a coconut drink mixture), Carrot Juice and mango smoothies. DELICIOUS! If you can't come to the BAHAMAS, we will bring the BAHAMAS to you! AUTHENTICALLY BAHAMIAN! Email me at clewis.private@gmail.com.

10. Kristin Woodward says:

I would like to know how to get on food court wars I have a tested concept that a variety of people enjoy!! I need to be able to get it to the masses. Can you help?