What’s Your Dream Mall Eatery? — Food Court Wars

by in Shows, July 25th, 2013

Food Court WarsFood Court WarsFood Court Wars is changing the landscape of food courts in malls across America. The series helps aspiring restaurant business owners open their dream eateries in food courts. Each team has something unique and homemade to offer shoppers who are excited to try something different while at the mall.

With every episode, the team that wins is given a food court space rent-free for one year, which is a big financial relief for a starter business. Popular demand for their food helps the leading team win — and outearn the other team. If you could dream up your own food court eatery, what would it be? Do you have a winning concept that you think would rock the food court?

Have you always wanted a restaurant to sell your specialty dishes? Tell us in the comments what your ideal food court eatery would be called, what foods it would specialize in and why you think it would give the other eateries a run for their money.

Watch Food Court Wars on Sundays at 8pm/7c.

Try a Whole New Take on Chicken Stroganoff

On this week’s Chopped Dinner Challenge, the chefs of Food Network Kitchen chose to feature the basket ingredient chicken livers. Although chicken l...

1. Sherita Hillery says:

I would like to know how do you apply to be on Food Courts Wars'

2. Medinat and Michelle says:

If we have a chance to be on a Food Court Wars, we will call our restaurant " Taste of Africa" to be able to share our passion in food industry. – Medinat & Michell

3. My name is Frances Cousins and my business name is From The Heart we are located in richmond, va

I would love to be a contestant on the food court wars. Please contact me with information on how my business can become a contest . Our food is truly made from the Heart…

4. Mario Latasa says:

I would like to know how to apply for Food Court Wars, also! What a great idea!

5. Rob Maharaj says:

If we have the opportunity to be on Food Court Wars, our restaurant will be called "ITz Ah Wrap" or "Roti Raj" and will feature wraps using "roti" (a Caribbean favorite.) Roti is made Patrons can have their Roti filled with many types of Caribbean meats, seafood or vegetables such as stew chicken, curry chicken, shrimp or potatoes. We will also feature other favorites from the islands, like jerk chicken, pelau and pepper shrimp.

Caribbean food is known for being packed with flavor and big on taste. Mall patrons will get to taste food from some of their favorite vacation spots in the Caribbean.

Roti wraps are very versatile and easy to eat. They are perfect for mall goers that are on the go.

Would love the opportunity to show how this can be the next food court rave!

6. Michele says:

How or where can I apply for food court wars. I am located in Los Angeles.
    Thanks!!

7. Janise says:

I would like to know how to get on the show to win a food court my dream come true. When might they be coming to Indiana?

8. Archie Swanson says:

Mine would be called "The Dog House"…..Hot Dogs and a variety of sausages served in a sub way style format with a choice of hot and cold toppings. The customer can watch their order being built on a rail chosing thier toppings….An example would be a costomer wanting a polish sausage on a whole wheat bun w/ sourkraut, mustard and relish….A meal could be made by selecting a side such as pork and Bean, mac and cheese, soup or hand cut frys..examples of hot topping are chile, hot cheese, grilled onions, saurkraut or warm BBQ sause……PICK ME!!…Thank You

9. Daniel Markham says:

I have been making a famous Lobster BISQUE in Rochester N.Y. for 34 years. I would call it The BISQUE King.

10. L. Burchett says:

I would like to know how to get on the show as well.