- No Comments
Hot dogs, burgers and barbecue may take center stage at your backyard cookout, but no matter the entree, you surely need a few side dishes to round out your spread. Easy to make in a hurry and guaranteed to impress party guests of all ages, pasta salads are go-to summertime picks, especially since they often can be customized to your family’s tastes, or the ingredients you have on hand. Check out Food Network’s best-five pasta salad recipes below to find top-rated classic and dressed-up creations from some of your favorite chefs, like Giada and Ina.
5. Tuscan Pasta Salad with Grilled Vegetables — Mix crunchy radicchio, fennel and fresh vegetables with pasta and cannellini beans to create a big-batch salad that’s best served at room temperature.
4. Pasta Salad with Steak, Bell Pepper, Green Beans and Bacon — Ready to eat in only 20 minutes, Food Network Magazine‘s hearty pasta salad is dressed with a creamy, cheesy topping featuring mayonnaise, fresh garlic and Parmesan.
3. Campanelle Pasta Salad — The secret to Giada’s tuna-pasta salad is opting for a can of Italian tuna; instead of water, this fish is packed in olive oil, which adds a rich flavor complemented by juicy tomatoes, briny capers and fragrant herbs.
2. Tomato-Feta Pasta Salad — Ina’s Mediterranean-inspired pasta salad combines fresh and sun-dried tomatoes, plus black olives and feta cheese, with a smooth, tangy garlic-vinegar puree. Click the play button on the video below to watch her make it.
1. 7-Layer Pasta Salad — Combining the best of traditional greens, pasta and vegetable salads, Food Network Kitchens’ 30-minute recipe boasts levels upon levels of deli ham, cheddar cheese, romaine and broccoli, married with a drizzle of cool mayonnaise-buttermilk dressing.