Best 5 Grilled Chicken Recipes for Summer by Maria Russo in Recipes, July 25th, 2013
- Comments (3)
A simple blank slate that you can dress up with seemingly any and all flavors and textures, grilled chicken is perhaps the ultimate go-to family dinner, guaranteed to please kids and grownups alike. Given the versatility of grilled chicken, however, it can be challenging to know where to begin in transforming the meat into a flavorful, juicy meal. Check out Food Network’s top-five grilled chicken dishes below for crave-worthy recipe inspiration, and find out how Guy, Bobby, Alton and more Food Network chefs put their signature spins on this classic summertime favorite.
5. Asian Barbecued Chicken — The secret to this weeknight-friendly dinner is finishing the chicken with a sweet, tangy homemade barbecue sauce featuring five-spice powder, garlic, hoisin sauce and honey.
4. Chipotle-Mango BBQ Chicken — Guy lets a mixture of mango, chipotle peppers and cilantro do triple duty in his simple recipe: It serves as a marinade for his bone-in chicken, a glaze with which to baste the meat while cooking and a finishing sauce to serve on the side.
3. Chile-Rubbed Grilled Chicken with Salsa —Ready to eat in only 30 minutes, these lean, juicy chicken breasts are marinated in a bold mixture of lime juice, garlic, cumin and a duo of chili powders, then quickly grilled and topped with a bright tomato-tomatillo salsa.
2. Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu — While most traditional chicken cordon bleu recipes feature battered and pan-fried chicken rolled around ham and cheese, Bobby opts to grill his meat, then assemble the dish face-up, with a topping of creamy cheese, prosciutto and arugula.
1. Ring of Fire Grilled Chicken — Don’t let the name of Alton’s chili powder-laced chicken fool you into thinking it’s especially spicy. The title comes from the way in which it’s cooked: over rings of both direct and indirect heat on the grill. Click the play button on the video below to watch Alton make it.