No-Mercy Culinary Antics to Take Over Alton Brown’s Cutthroat Kitchen

by in Shows, July 9th, 2013

They are the cooking show competitor’s top-two wishes: to be able to mess with rivals enough to sabotage their game and to gain an advantage to improve their own chances of winning. On Alton Brown’s brand-new upcoming series, contestants will have the opportunity to enjoy both experiences.

Premiering Sunday, August 11 at 10pm/9c, Cutthroat Kitchen pits four culinary superstars against each other, and to be victorious in this three-round contest, they’ll need to put savvy mind games to work as much as they do cooking chops. Each will have access to $25,000 in cash, and it’s up to them to decide how to spend their money in an auction: Do they pay out to earn the exclusive use of a crucial ingredient, like salt, or do they sentence their opponents to a brutal round of cooking, one in which they’re prohibited from tasting their dishes? In the ultimate balance of risk and reward, the competitors must determine on which benefits it’s worth spending their funds and which curveballs may eventually prove damaging enough to others to ultimately pay off, as the winner’s prize is whatever money he or she has left over afterward.

Immediately after each of the 13 upcoming episodes, viewers can visit FoodNetwork.com/CK to watch exclusive videos of Alton, a mentor on Food Network Star, and the judges dishing on competitors’ disappointing flops and shocking successes.

Don’t miss the premiere of Cutthroat Kitchen on Sunday, August 11 at 10pm/9c, immediately following the finale of Food Network Star.

“It’s Dress-Up Time Again” — Alton’s After-Show

From souffle suits to Greek-inspired togas, Alton Brown‘s not one to shy away from costumes, as the Cutthroat Kitchen host has gleefully auction...

1. daf94 says:

LOVED THIS SHOW IT WAS VERY ENJOYABLE TO WATCH! CANT WAIT FOR MORE .

2. vmailer says:

what i'm most interested in is…

exactly how much did the winning chef come away with? sure, a person might win, but how much of the 25k do they have leftover if they spent 5k and 6k easily?

3. Carolynn says:

As soon as the trailers for the show had Penny on it – I knew I would never watch the show. Enough is enough why are they bringing that kind of trash back – yet dismiss Paula Deen – remember Paula was brought up in a culture that is very different that some of you Yankees – and yes I am also a born and brought up Yankee! It was different and not necessarily how they truly thought – those words were around everywhere and still are – but oops only the blacks can use that word!!!! and they do in the most despicable way! But we do have a new southern belle on the network – so maybe they are happy – but it doesn't change anything.

• Riley says:

Who pissed in your Cheerios lady??? This has nothing to do with Paula Deen. If it bother you so much, don't watch! Plus that " I'm a Yankee" excuse doesn't justify your warped way of thinking.

4. AidanD says:

I expected real sabotaging like going over to an opponents areas and subtly taking some butter or something without having to buy the privilege in an auction. other than that I like the show.

5. chefdavev says:

Totally dislike the show…

6. Patsy says:

Rename it kitchen for bullies
    Who was bullied as a kid and is getting even????
    And who is allowing this to happen??

7. mpoco says:

I watched this show for the first time this evening and won't be watching it again. I've liked all the other shows that Alton Brown has done, but this is not about cooking at all. It is about rewarding people for being mean. The winner was not the best cook…simply the one with the ugliest personality. Disappointed that Alton Brown has stooped this low.

8. cheryl says:

Just watched the third show. What a shame! Totally negative stuff spreading all over the show. Seeing the decent guy ganged upon by others who are not so good at cooking is not enjoyable. I love to see throwing some challenges at chefs, but at each one of them to see who can come through them. The winner should be the best chef in cooking and in person not the one who took advantage of others. I don't want to teach my kids to sabotage or destroy others to win.

9. @Spikester81 says:

I enjoy this show and look forward to watching it every Sunday, but Simon Mujumdar is starting to grate my nerves….I mean I'm all for outside the box thinking, but eliminating the one contestant who came closest to making an actual taco? That's just moronic.

10. Marilyn says:

Not a huge fan of a show where the best chef is usually eliminated…Yes, I know it is "Cutthroat Kitchen", but it still doesn't sit well with me. Perhaps they should send the talented losers such as Chef Sevan directly to the "Chopped" kitchen to compete! It would make this show slightly more palatable.