A Shandy Shore Dinner

by in Food Network Magazine, June 27th, 2013

Beer-Braised Ribs With ClamsBeer is a refreshing beverage during the warm summer months, and it’s also great to cook with and marinate meats in. The beer used in Food Network Magazine‘s Beer-Braised Ribs with Clams dinner (pictured above) is not only a great way to season ribs — it’s also perfect for a refreshing Lemon Shandy. It’s easy: Just mix equal parts beer and lemonade and serve over ice. Add a splash of ginger ale if you’d like. It’s the perfect drink to sip as you pile up all those bones and shells!

Make this easy menu for dinner tonight:

Where to Eat Lunch in Chicago

When people hear “Chicago,” they think deep-dish pizza. But when we asked chefs for their favorite places to go for lunch in the area, the...

1. elma hurley. says:

I have watched the food network for many, many years and enjoy everything about it, but when you cancelledpaula deen because of her admitted mistake, I have decided as much as it hurts, I will not be watching this channel in the future. May I remind everyone that many people, including black comedians have used the n word in their comedy shows or have said racial comments about blacks during their radio show which .we're very, very racist. With regard to the talk host, he apologized and is back to work. I believe only our God can make judgement and I feel that this will be a learning experience for everyone and that the network should consider how Paula is so loved by her fans, which includes myself. She has that aura of honesty and family, and to not see her on television again would be so sad.

2. Crouton40 says:

I'd love to try this dish pictured above. Maybe even 2 bowls. It looks like it would be good-n-flavorful. :)
    Crouton40—creator of http://www.top5best.com

3. Mark Ekovidh says:

This was found on Paula Deen's page, posted by a fan. This has gone beyond ridiculous. Let's not talk about my past, ok? I mean really, we are all perfect, right? Food Network is crazy.
    If the Food Network is going to fire Paula Deen then they also need to fire Anne Burrell, who was sued for sexual discrimination. They would also need to fire Chef Cat Cora, who was arrested for DUI with a blood alcohol level 3 times the legal limit and screamed profanities at people. Dinner Impossible's Robert Irvine was caught lying about his background when he stated he used to cook for the Royal family when, in fact, he did not. Iron Chef Bobby Flay was sued and settled for nearly $1 million because he kept tips from his employees and also cheated on both of his wives. Iron Chef Morimoto was sued for skimming tips from his employees and not paying them properly. Food Network Chef Geoffrey Zakarian filed bankruptcy to avoid a lawsuit – 152 of his disgruntled employees sued him. Chef Juan Carlos Cruz hired a homeless man to kill his wife. Chef Ina Rosengarten, The Barefoot Contessa, refused to meet with a child who was dying of cancer. Chef Guy Fieri has been accused of sexually harassing women and has asked his producers to warn him in advance if he has to tape his show, Diners Drive-ins and Dives, with restaurant owners who are gay. Jeff Frugal Gourmet Smith sexually abused men. And these people mentioned above still have their jobs, even though their "sins" all occurred within the past few years. None of us are who we were 25 or 30 years ago, and that is the beauty of self-growth.

4. grammy says:

I will never watch your channel again. You will hurt for cancelling Paula Deen's show. You will find out that she is where a lot of your money is made. You should ask the media if they have EVER said a racial slur, They would of coarse say no, but she told the truth and got cancelled. She made your network and i hope you break it by punishing her for telling the truth. Ask the black and hispanic people if they have ever made a racial slur against the white people. Like craker or honky.

5. Shannon says:

I have never had a Lemon Shandy, It looks interesting and great for a cookout. Thinking about "attempting" to serve this. Will it be a hit or miss? I see Mellisa D has a recipe for it using Lager, does anyone know if that is the best bet or is there a better type of beer to use..looking for advice..and opinions please share.

6. T Trahan says:

I came to site to comment on the Paula Deen scandal and inform Food Network that after many years of watching, learning and trying new things our relationship has came to an end. Your so worried about what the publicity will do to your network and your disconnecting your self with someone who is good for your network.
    This kinds of things are said everyday. I'm not agreeing their right but they've been said by blacks about their brothers and their own family. Comedians make jokes about all races and that's just part of their act. BS! It's wrong, wrong to be not treated equal. Good luck to you. It's obvious you will loose some visitors. Lets just hope that the old saying about when one door closes a better one opens for Paula, be true.

7. Molly McConnell says:

Who in their right mind thinks that cancelling Paula is good business? I Love watching her and have had success with her recipes. She has had many guest of African-American race, and treated them with respect. This is like over the top, and beyond. Bad choices on Food Network, and any other store that once carried a contract with her. I don't know if you read this Paula, but I wish you Love and best dishes from my kitchen to yours! You will come back, and there are a lot of rural places in America that enjoy your recipes and style!