Morimoto Philadelphia Launches New Take-Home Ice Creams and Sorbets

by in News, June 26th, 2013

Morimoto Philadelphia Ice Creams and SorbetsMorimoto Philadelphia is already known for its top-of-the-line dining experience and superb Japanese cuisine. Now Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto’s flagship location, which he operates with Stephen Starr, will be even more noteworthy with the inclusion of new ice creams and sorbets. The restaurant will be selling the house-made, small-batch desserts for patrons to take home.

Morimoto’s Pastry Chef Thomas McCarthy is the mastermind behind the new additions. Seemingly rare, but brilliantly harmonized, flavors on the menu will include Pist Toff, a pairing of pistachios and toffee, and Miso Honey, a sweet and savory duo composed of burnt honey ice cream and sweet shiro miso. Thirty different flavors will debut during the course of several months and will be available in limited quantities.

Morimoto Philadelphia Ice Creams and SorbetsMary Jane Brownie, made with kinako (toasted soybean flour) ice cream with bits of chocolate brownie and candied hemp seeds, will be available at the launch, along with vegan-friendly Coconut Coffee, composed of creamy coconut sorbet with a coffee swirl and cacao nibs. Guests will be kept waiting in suspense to try upcoming flavors like Salty Beach, coconut and sea salt ice cream with graham cracker and fudge swirls, and French Toast and Bacon.

Chef McCarthy’s unique flavor combinations are inspired by frequent travels to Japan and the unconventional dishes he encountered there. He recalled how soft serve is sold everywhere. While visiting Japan once a year for 10 years, Chef McCarthy said, he was continuously challenged to relook at flavor possibilities. He told FN Dish he calls ice cream a “blank canvas” that allows him to see how far he can push the envelope. “Ice cream is the medium for which all things are possible,” said Chef McCarthy. Using ice cream and sorbet, he continues to balance his desserts on the fine line between familiar, humorous and exotic.

Each to-go style pint of Morimoto Philadelphia’s new ice creams and sorbets will be available for purchase at the front of the restaurant, as well as from the servers at the end of a meal.

This Massive Pumpkin Pie Required 40 Chefs and Two Excavators to Make

Anyone waiting for the Great Pumpkin to arrive this year can at least settle for a great big pumpkin pie. Chefs in Changsha, China, recently baked a 1...

1. Bonnie says:

This beats lettuce and peas any day. Indulge!

2. Bubba says:

I don't watch your show any more. It is not a cooking show but a hollywood circus. The firing of that southern woman was a disgrace.

3. Karen Griffin says:

Right … I totally agree. Out of 73 Chefs … Food Network has mostly white chefs … if they put their mouth where their diversity is … they would be ashamed. As I said before … put that on your big FAT spoon, eat it, and discuss … Food Network has no right to claim they do not tolerate discrimination. I'm right and you are wrong, wrong, wrong. Sorry … over 60. right and pissed. All the discriminating chefs are on the Chopped show or Celebrity Chef. They are only GUESTs … not the regular Chefs that have shows. Check it out for yourself, if you do not believe me. Food Network … I challenge you to prove me WRONG!!!!!

4. Janet says:

Last year my husband and I had direct tv put in to our home and one reason was so that I could watch Food Network. Due to your firing of Paula Deen I will not watch your station anymore, and I know alot of my friends will stop watching as well. It is a disgrace what you have done to her.

5. Jess says:

Absolutely stupid . I will no longer be watching the Food Network and my family will not either. Shame on you the network !

6. Pam says:

Really going to miss Chopped and Food Network Star

7. david says:

pure and simple witch hunt, paula d'ont give in to these liberal idiots, you don't need them ,pray to your god and move on, don't bow to this nonsence.

• Teri says:

I totally agree. Shame on Them

• IUGirl86 says:

Absolutely…Shame on you Food Network but I suspect that you're attorneys' are the one's that advised you. So right about now, another bunch of network executives are going to figure out how to help Ms. Deen get back on the air. Possibly, some of the executives are black. I doubt they would judge as harshly as the morons at your network. Grow some balls you jackasses.

8. angryatyou says:

Why do you still have Paula Deens recipes on your site??? If you are so against what she did and fired her for it, you should remove her recipes. That would be quite a bit huh? I will NEVER watch your shows again or purchase your magazines or anything related to you.

9. Tom L says:

What a bunch of hypocritical Elites the Management of you Network are, I'm sure none of you have ever said or thought what Paula admitted to. I'm not endorsing her comments, however, those of you who never did the same are such Saints in a world of sinners. Shame on you! I'll never watch your network again, I have removed from my u-Verse view list.

• BrendaLee says:

I agree they have lost my household viewing the show and we will not buy the products. haven't you read the news a racial slur is now a descriptive word….because the Zimmerman/martin trial the use of "cracker" is descriptive. Last I checked it could be construed as racial but no…now the nation knows they are descriptive words. What foodnetwork has done is deplorable. When Ina Garten blew off that sick child last year because she was too busy…..you did nothing…and that was a disgrace….but I refuse to watch anything of hers. Now I refuse to watch or promote anything dealing with the foodnetwork.

10. Ilovemybutter says: