- Comment (1)
Tomorrow marks the first day of summer, which means it’s officially time to kick off the season of warm-weather eats and drinks. This weekend, add a little extra chill to your grilling and chilling menu with adults-only mojitos. Cool and refreshing, these easy-to-mix cocktails are go-to summer sippers, classically made with lime, rum and mint, although easily dressed up with fruits, plus a mix of citruses and liquors. Check out Food Network’s top-five mojito recipes below for crave-worthy concoctions from Guy, Giada, Tyler and more Food Network chefs.
5. Double-Apple Mojitos — Guy swaps in vodka for rum in his easy mojito, laced with apple juice and garnished with slices of red and green apples.
4. Orange Mojitos — Pair the fresh taste of lime juice with orange juice to create a sunset-colored sipper, ready to enjoy after just a few seconds in the cocktail shaker.
3. Blended Cherry Mojitos — Frosty and bright, Giada’s two-minute cocktail features blended frozen cherries with citrus-flavored rum and a sweet lime syrup.
2. Mojito Limeade — The secret to making Bobby’s pitcher-friendly recipe is muddling mint and lime before adding the rum and ice; this will extract the most possible flavor from the ingredients and ensure a bold cocktail.
1. Mojito Slushy (pictured above) — Tyler blends traditional mojito ingredients — a splash of rum, fragrant mint leaves and lime juice — with ice and simple syrup to create a colorful frozen cocktail. Click the play button on the video below to watch how he makes it.
Cast your vote in Food Network’s Cocktail Summer Showdown to decide whether Food Network Star winner Melissa d’Arabian or Chopped judge Amanda Freitag mixed a better drink.