Vanity Fair Names Food Network Chefs Best-Dressed

by in Food Network Chef, June 21st, 2013

Geoffrey ZakarianBoth on and off camera, celebrity chefs are saying goodbye to aprons and hello to chic style. Four Food Network chefs — Alton, Giada, Geoffrey and Marcus — made Vanity Fair’s Best-Dressed Chefs list. We all know their food and/or restaurants are worthy of praise, but their individual styles earned applause from the fashion world.

Bad fashion is on the chopping block for Geoffrey Zakarian. His slick New York City style includes tortoiseshell glasses (he actually has 12 pairs) and pastel button-downs. Geoffrey seamlessly trades his chef’s jacket for a crisp gingham shirt and sport coat.

Alton Brown’s come a long way from his quirky Good Eats costumes. Now he can be spotted with his trademark modern vintage style including dapper bow ties, hipster spectacles and tweed blazers. On this season of Food Network Star, you’ll find him rocking plaid button-downs, retro fedoras and well-tailored suits.

Giada De Laurentiis’ wardrobe is like many of her Italian recipes — simple and elegant. When filming her shows, Giada sticks with comfortable jewel-tone tops so she can roll up her sleeves and get cooking. During special appearances, Giada’s known for her form-fitting dresses, less-is-more accessories and platform heels to give her 5’2” frame extra height.

Marcus Samuelsson has mastered the fine line between trendy and classic. His European upbringing influenced his vibrant style. As a judge on Chopped, he can be spotted in bold scarves, bright colors and layered looks. Some may say Chef Samuelsson’s brilliant smile is his best accessory.

Do you agree? Vote in the poll below.

The Calm Before the Feast: FN Stars’ Wednesday-Night Game Plans

We chatted with Food Network stars about their pre-Turkey Day plans....

1. Lauren says:

Great article Gabs! I agree, Giada's fashion is flawless <3

2. Vivian Lowery says:

I watch Food Network all the time. I think you have over reacted when you decided not to renew Paula Deen's contract. She is one of my favorite chefs. I will no longer be watching your channel. If all Paula Deen said was what was reported on TV, no one should be that insulted.

3. yvonne mariner says:

I am blocking Food Network. I'm taking all my friends with me. Sorry for your loss, but there is power in the public arena. Also all your sponsors. What say the rest of your stars when they loose out also. BYE BYE

4. Gwamma77 says:

How Dare You!! Paula Deen has helped, in a big way, to make your channel what it is. Everyone once in a while makes a politically incorrect comment. She has apologized – now let it be. Renew her contract NOW!! Until then, I will not purchase from any of your sponsors and more than likely will only watch Pioneer Woman. Shame, shame on you.

5. Vicky says:

How Dare You!!!! You are a Hypocrite!!!! Maybe we should look in to your background? I will never order anythings from the food network or watch at all!!!! It was a long time ago get over it. If all your chef on this network don't leave shame shame on all of them,

6. Ann says:

Thank you FN for doing the right thing.

7. pauladeenfan says:

So you have fired Paula Deen? Well food network-I've fired you!! Have cancelled my food network magazine subscription and changed the channel for good! Bye Y'all!!

8. EBR says:

I was not a Paula Deen fan, Too much U-All. But I am going to stop any other Food Network shows.__You have tried and convicted Ms. Deen without any hearing. For goodness Sake!__What is this country coming to?

9. Joann says:

I am very unhappy you have fired Paula deen.. i won`t watch food network till she is back…Joann

10. Jim says:

What's in your closet? I'm sure it's just not nice clothes. Your choice to fire Paula will come back to bite you. Paula Deen will survive without Food Network…..Not so sure about your Network. You may have give her the Ax but many are giving Food Network the Boot. You are no longer welcome in my home.