Best 5 Chicken Salad Recipes

by in Recipes, June 27th, 2013

Chicken SaladWhen you think of chicken salad, do you imagine a cool, creamy combination of shredded chicken with mayonnaise, or is a mixture of fresh greens with perhaps grilled, sliced boneless breasts more your style? Both variations are easy to make and endlessly versatile, as they can be prepared with almost any ingredients you happen to have on hand and can be customized to your tastes. Check out Food Network’s top-five chicken salads below to find a roundup of recipes from Sunny, Bobby, Ina and more Food Network chefs that features five-star inspiration for these two styles of simple salads.

5. Picnic Potato and Chicken Salad — Served on eat-with-your-hands lettuce cups, Sunny’s bacon-studded chicken salad features tender roasted potatoes, poached chicken and a creamy herb topping.

4. Chinese Chicken Salad with Red Chile Peanut Dressing — In only 20 quick minutes, Bobby tosses a salad of crisp cabbage, lettuce and colorful vegetables with a honey-laced mixture of peanut butter and soy sauce before topping the dish with shredded chicken and chopped peanuts.

3. Curried Chicken Salad — After combining juicy roasted chicken with a smooth dressing of white wine, chutney and curry powder, it’s best to let the salad chill in the refrigerator so the flavors can marry; just be sure to let the dish come to room temperature before serving. Click the play button on the video below to watch Ina make it.

2. Grilled Chicken Salad with Gazpacho Dressing — The key to making this hearty entree salad is building flavors and textures throughout; start with grilled seasoned chicken and garlic-rubbed bread, then toss with arugula, crunchy almonds and chickpeas, and finish with a dressing of pureed tomatoes, cucumber and vinegar.

1. Chicken Salad — Create the ultimate chicken club sandwich (pictured above) by adding fresh celery and scallions, plus a mayonnaise-mustard mixture, to poached chicken, then layering it between bread with bacon, lettuce and tomato.

Georgia Peach Ice Cream with Tea Cake Cookies — Down-Home Comfort

There are times in the South, round about August, that are oppressively hot. Not just a little hot, but take-your-breath-away hot. So hot that walking...

1. judy says:

Love Paula….this is a witch hunt….let it go it was years ago….no food network for me

2. Guest says:

I'm going boycot food network and more than 210 people will do .Wrong , wrong,wrong
    She apologies and been honest or Foodnetwork need replace for minority ?

3. Sandy and Marla says:

My daughter and I have been a faithful watchers of your network for over the past ten+ years. As soon as the Cooking Channel became available in our area we upgraded to the extended cable package so we could watch that channel too!

We just want to say, Food Network, DID YOU EVER BLOW IT!!!

It turns my stomach when I go PAST(because that is what we do now) your channels.

How fast you judged and condemned Paula for something she said 20-30 years ago. How righteous you are!! How long before you drop her sons from the network for "standing by their mom"? You know the funny thing is, I haven't been watching Paula as much recently as some of your other chefs…but not anymore, they are done and so are you.

Just one more thing I want to say. Way to go you other "Food Network Chefs", Are your shows so important that you can't see how honesty is rewarded by your employers? You all should be ashamed for not standing up for one of your own! For shame!! Good-Bye

4. Debbie says:

Since your are the great 'Food Network', please cook up a big dish of 'humble pie' and reconsider your Paula Deen decision. I have lost faith in our country because of the stupidity of the sponsors regarding this issue. Shame on you. I have blocked your channel permanently, which by the way used to be my favorite channel.

5. Debbie says:

Since you are the great 'Food Network', please cook up a big dish of 'humble pie' and reconsider your Paula Deen decision. I have lost faith in our country because of the stupidity of the sponsors regarding this issue. Shame on you. I have blocked your channel permanently, which by the way used to be my favorite channel.

Read more at: http://blog.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/2013/06/best-

6. Cheryl says:

I sent a message last week stating my opinion. I can't believe how your network treated Paula Deen.
    The punishment does not fit the crime. I think the Food Network as well as a lot of hipocrites should
    look at themselves. You need to learn that forgiveness is power, but instead you have crucified her.

7. Tom R says:

I make better chicken salad, Paula Deen has millions, America will forgiver her, and she'll make more millions. Wotta' country.

8. judith miller says:

The defintion of one who has no "class" is when they put someone else down to build themselves up. Now that you've done that to Paula Deen, it appears the Food Network has no class. I have your other channel which i pay extra for- to keep or not to keep ??? I also subscribe to food network magazine-which i might not renew!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Leslie says:

If Food Network really wanted to move on, they would remove all of Paula Deen's recipes and clips. I notice they have not done this. Is she still bringing in revenue and people??? Really? but she is such a heinous person, so you say. I say, either give the show back or remove every mention of her from your website. Charlatain is the only word I can think of to describe the Food Network.

10. Jennifer Ledbetter says:

It is amazing how many people are willing to over look a bigot when the bigot does not see anything wrong with being one. This makes me wonder just how far have we really com in these past 100 + years. She is sorry for admitting that she is racist but does that make it okay. We as a country must understand that bigotry is not acceptable from anyone especially a public figure such a Paula Deen. I am disgusted that after enslaving a people for hundred of years, most white Americans still dislike black people just for the color of their skins.