Best 5 Chicken Salad Recipes

by in Recipes, June 27th, 2013

Chicken SaladWhen you think of chicken salad, do you imagine a cool, creamy combination of shredded chicken with mayonnaise, or is a mixture of fresh greens with perhaps grilled, sliced boneless breasts more your style? Both variations are easy to make and endlessly versatile, as they can be prepared with almost any ingredients you happen to have on hand and can be customized to your tastes. Check out Food Network’s top-five chicken salads below to find a roundup of recipes from Sunny, Bobby, Ina and more Food Network chefs that features five-star inspiration for these two styles of simple salads.

5. Picnic Potato and Chicken Salad — Served on eat-with-your-hands lettuce cups, Sunny’s bacon-studded chicken salad features tender roasted potatoes, poached chicken and a creamy herb topping.

4. Chinese Chicken Salad with Red Chile Peanut Dressing — In only 20 quick minutes, Bobby tosses a salad of crisp cabbage, lettuce and colorful vegetables with a honey-laced mixture of peanut butter and soy sauce before topping the dish with shredded chicken and chopped peanuts.

3. Curried Chicken Salad — After combining juicy roasted chicken with a smooth dressing of white wine, chutney and curry powder, it’s best to let the salad chill in the refrigerator so the flavors can marry; just be sure to let the dish come to room temperature before serving. Click the play button on the video below to watch Ina make it.

2. Grilled Chicken Salad with Gazpacho Dressing — The key to making this hearty entree salad is building flavors and textures throughout; start with grilled seasoned chicken and garlic-rubbed bread, then toss with arugula, crunchy almonds and chickpeas, and finish with a dressing of pureed tomatoes, cucumber and vinegar.

1. Chicken Salad — Create the ultimate chicken club sandwich (pictured above) by adding fresh celery and scallions, plus a mayonnaise-mustard mixture, to poached chicken, then layering it between bread with bacon, lettuce and tomato.

Pork Chops with Georgia Peach BBQ Sauce — Down-Home Comfort

When I was a child my grandfather would sometimes barbecue a whole hog to mark the end of summer. He was a honest-to-goodness country boy and knew wha...

1. Christie B says:

I made Paula's chicken salad sliders today! Simple and good, just like Paula!

2. Phyllis Hoyt says:

Poor, poor Paula!!! The media has been terrible to her for a mistake that she admitted to. She is getting treated worse than Casey Anthony who forgot where she put her child. Shame, shame on you. It seems like the people of colors are more forgiving than you are. There are many, many of us who still love Paula. It is the media who owes her your forgiveness.

3. ethel barron says:

I think when or whoever made the choice of losing Paula Deen made a error and judged to fast. Ask everyone who works for the food network if they ever used a word they shouldn't have, guess no one would be working for you. The mistake happened 25-30 years ago, maybe you would like to take her out and hang her. I give her credit for being so honest. Take a poll at fn and see how many of your workers black, white, Hispanic or whatever has ever said the n word in their life. I don't like the word but can still forgive. sorry won't watch your shows anymore and you will probably say good.

4. Cleo says:

How many lies can one person tell before people finally get sick of it? Why did she wait two years before she admitted to having diabetes, while still pushing her high fat and sickening sweet recipes? I will tell you why,
    She and her "people" we're busy contacting drug companies to see which one would pay the most to have her endorse their insulin. And that is what Paula Deen is all about. Lies and money. She could not care less about people, unless money is involved. Sorry Paula, I used to be a fan.

5. Lina says:

So I guess we're not going to talk about the chicken salad recipes, huh? I'm sure everyone has their opinions about Paula, as do I, however the story is about the best chicken salad recipes and USUALLY I read the comments to get a feel for the RECIPES and if I want to try them or not. I didn't know this would be headline news/the Paula Show.

6. Brigid says:

Hello has anyone tried any of the chicken salad recipes here on the post?

7. cheri says:

They're using her as a token, to promote themselves, falsely, as more righteous than her. Unfortunately, she stepped into that trap and now has to drag it around with her wounded reputation until the mercy of some of her judges, THE BLOODTHIRSTY MEDIA, lets it rest.

8. JLG says:

I am happy to see paula dean go. Her schtick was getting old. She is a home cook turned entrepreneur, not a chef. Most of her recipes were the ones you find on the backs of boxes and cans or out of a 1960s cookbook. And her show was like a Saturday Night Live Skit, except pathetic instead of funny. On one show she had a male chef on with her and I swear she was either drunk or high. She couldn't keep her hands off him. He was clearly uncomfortable. And it made me uncomfortable to watch. I had to flip channels. The Food Network has gone off on a direction that I just do not enjoy. I don't know who their audience is any longer but it sure isn't me.

• KEL says:

I think it is horrible that Paula has been dropped and persecuted as she has been. Having said that, I DO agree with the last part of your statement—"on one show she had a….." I do not remember what guest it was, but it was male and I felt the same–it was uncomfortable to watch due to the sexual innuendo—-

• Tom R says:

I agree, her schtick is old. Don't care for most of her recipes, high fat, high sugar, deep fried in "Oll". Enough.

9. Jamie says:

Food Network, I applaud you for making what must have been a very difficult decision. Paula Deen has a very strong following, me included, but the backlash is ridiculous. People don't understand that the lawsuit has nothing to do with inappropriate language, but with employees having to use separate bathrooms determined by race. The African-American employees were not allowed to speak with the customers, and were forced to use the back entrance. Pay was determined by gender and that many other racist and sexist decisions and behaviors were handed down by management. These actions did not take place decades ago, but were current and ongoing, hence the lawsuit.

With that being said, i am excited to try the last chicken salad (pictured on top), and will post my results.

10. guest says:

Boycot food network. Watch pbs . Did you see witness trey martin case he called people crackers and the n word and he's black. Disgrace what they are doing to paula