WATCH: Food Network Stars Reveal Their Nightmare Chopped Ingredients

by in View All Posts, May 24th, 2013

Just imagine what the contestants go through every round on Chopped when they each stand in front of a mystery basket, getting ready to open the lid just as the clock goes off. It’s surely a feeling of dread as to what ingredients they might find inside, maybe even something that could cause nightmares, like an odd piece of offal, an exotic fruit or even candy.

FN Dish caught up with Food Network stars including Alton Brown, Bobby Flay, Michael Symon and Anne Burrell, as well as the judges themselves and other famous faces, to ask: “What’s your nightmare Chopped ingredient?” Watch the video above to hear which ingredient causes the most nightmares.

What would be your nightmare basket ingredient? Tell us in the comments.

Tags:

10 Best Restaurants to Follow on Instagram

While the joke of photographing food has come and gone, what remains is beautifully lit pictures of truly delicious dishes. And if the hipsters starte...

1. Stephanie says:

I would have to say pomegranate anything. I hate the taste so whatever I made with it, I would think it tasted horrible. How do you make something delicious out of an ingredient you hate?

Also, chicken. I just have trouble telling if it's done without cutting it open and making sure the center isn't bloody.

2. guest says:

My basket ingredient would have to be bacon for the dessert round because so many times on Chopped the judges would not like someone's dessert because of it

3. guest says:

Pig head
    And bacon jam

4. dera5 says:

Gooey Duck and durian would scare me.

5. Chopped Fan says:

appetizer: frozen meatballs, fruity pebbles, cherry coke, limes
    entree: dried pineapples, cinnamon schnapps, pork chops, frozen peas
    dessert: butterscotch pudding, saltine crackers, frozen berries, kale

6. mememe says:

I'd like to suggest a basket ingredient.

Synthetic meat.

It would be awesome to obtain some of this to see what the chefs can do with it. I imagine synthetic meat will eventually become a staple in the human diet.

7. Charlene Woodfork says:

They should try King crab tails, cabbage, rice noodles, Cajun Andouille sausage and cheese cake.

8. Samantha says:

Hmmm..i live in the south..
    TRY: