WATCH: Food Network Stars Reveal Their Nightmare Chopped Ingredients

by in View All Posts, May 24th, 2013

Just imagine what the contestants go through every round on Chopped when they each stand in front of a mystery basket, getting ready to open the lid just as the clock goes off. It’s surely a feeling of dread as to what ingredients they might find inside, maybe even something that could cause nightmares, like an odd piece of offal, an exotic fruit or even candy.

FN Dish caught up with Food Network stars including Alton Brown, Bobby Flay, Michael Symon and Anne Burrell, as well as the judges themselves and other famous faces, to ask: “What’s your nightmare Chopped ingredient?” Watch the video above to hear which ingredient causes the most nightmares.

What would be your nightmare basket ingredient? Tell us in the comments.

Tags:

10 Best Restaurants to Follow on Instagram

While the joke of photographing food has come and gone, what remains is beautifully lit pictures of truly delicious dishes. And if the hipsters starte...

1. @MrsJackWade says:

My husband and I make a list of mystery basket ingredients as see what we can think up to do with them. LOL we never cook them, just do it for fun.
    Lox, Condensed Mushroom Soup, Purple Cauliflower, Trix cereal, & Root Beer Schnapps.

2. emily says:

salmon jerkey lol what the hell would you do with that?

3. Brandi says:

Slim Jims.

4. tracy sutton says:

i think you should pin 4 iron chefs against each other there used to the pressure with one ingredient and two helpers how about no helpers and four ingredients sounds interesting. just a thought

5. Jason says:

Believe it or not, I actually found a recipe that included these 4 things. This would make the judges eyes go wide if these 4 things were in a basket…and Michael Symon wouldn't want to eat it. :P

1. Extra Firm Tofu
    2. Peanut Butter & Jelly In A Jar
    3. Spicy Thai Chili Sauce
    4. Alligator

Bon appetit!

6. ausarr says:

lutefisk. Nuf said.

But I sure wish the judges would pick the ones who try something daring and amazing, but don't quite make it. Someone who plays it safe and successfully finishes in 30 min almost always wins! I learn more from the ones who stick their necks out. They're why I watch the show.

(The judges aren't why I watch the show)

7. Tatiana says:

soy cheese, smoked salmon, thai instant noodles

8. Jennifer Chestnut says:

How about when the food network chopped Paula Deen?
    I was turned on to the Food Network by Paula Deen's Best Dishes. As a college student, her show taught me a great deal about cooking. Her enthusiasm inspired me to try making many new dishes that became fast favorites among my family and friends. I own several of her cookbooks.
    I don't know much about Paula Deen's personal life and I don't need to. She's on the food network as a chef, not as a politically correct spokesperson for the NAACP. Shall we begin speech background checks on all of the chefs?
    We have gotten to a scary place in this lawsuit ridden society where it's second nature to jump on a bandwagon that punishes professionals for their personal lives and histories.

9. Jessica says:

We need a CURLY FRIES DESSERT!! Now THAT would be a good chopped episode~

10. marilyn says:

BRING THE PAULA DEAN SHOW BACK PLEASE, SHE SAID SHE WAS SORRY, HAVE A HEART, SHE IS A FUN LOVING PERSON WHO WE LOVE!