WATCH: Food Network Stars Dish on the Scariest Chopped Judge

by in Shows, May 16th, 2013

In front of the judges’ table on Chopped is a scary place for any contestant to be standing, especially when they’re waiting to hear the criticism from the judges. Some judges are kind in their assessments whereas others aren’t afraid to speak the honest truth no matter how blunt it sounds. But which judge is the most intimidating, the scariest?

FN Dish caught up with a bunch of Food Network stars, including Alton Brown, Bobby Flay, Michael Symon, Anne Burrell and the Neelys, as well as the judges themselves, among other famous faces, to ask the question, “Which Chopped judge are you most scared of?” Watch the video above to hear which judge came out on top as the scariest.

Tell us in the comments: Who do you think is the scariest judge and why?

Tags:

Chatting with the Chopped Teen Tournament, Part 3 Winner

Four young chefs-in-training entered the competition on tonight’s third episode of the five-part Chopped Teen Tournament. But only one kid made ...

1. Robin says:

Geoffrey Zakarian, without a doubt. He seems nearly humorless and very unforgiving.

2. Steve Baker says:

Geoffrey Zakarian absolutely. He is so rigid in his comments. But he should be.

3. Valerie says:

sometimes I wonder if Alex out voted the other judges. I don't know the word to describe her just that all the other judges seem to back off their opinions when she speaks up then they settle with their choice. hmmm who's choice was it really?

4. Carolyn says:

I think Chris Santos is the scariest. Also, I think they act kind of childish. I think that when a chef does or says something that rubs them the wrong way the are the next to be chopped and it has nothing to do with their food!

• Bonnie says:

Agreed! Chris Santos is the worst! I almost change the channel when I see he is a judge. His comments are almost always negative, and he is just rude about it! On a lighter note, Scott Conant is a hottie.

5. Paul says:

Geoffrey and Alex are definitely the most arrogant. The both got really miffed when they were criticized during the Next Iron Chef battles. How they won when they didn't follow the rules is beyond me. Neither would have allowed that in Chopped.

6. Cheryl says:

I think any "chef" who makes bread pudding, or french toast for a dessert should be disqualified. These judges should remind the chef's that its DESSERT not a flipping brunch. With 10,000 at stake I believe the judges should vote off anyone who serves a dessert like that.

7. Amy says:

Oh I adore ALL the Chopped Chefs and Judges. Especially Geoff ! The one I like the least though is Alex Guarnaschelli… I mean, I know she has to put her "game-face on", but she always seems so snooty to me! And (nothing to do with Alex), I wish people would stop tossin around the word "Chef" like they do. Well, you wouldn't call just anybody who works in a hospital a Surgeon, would you? Chefs deserve the highest respect and have earned that illustrious title!!!

8. Amy says:

Oh and I'm totally diggin this Chopped After Hours. SO fun to watch. Brilliant!

9. Geoffrey and Alex are definitely the most arrogant

10. Geoffrey Zakarian, without a doubt.