Best 5 Pancake Recipes for Mother’s Day by Maria Russo in Holidays, Recipes, May 9th, 2013
- Comments (3)
This Mother’s Day, instead of making Mom wait until dinnertime to enjoy a meal made just for her, treat her to a special morning treat of breakfast in bed. Deliciously easy to make in a hurry, pancakes are a no-fuss dish that both grownups and little ones crave, and they can be as simply or elegantly prepared as you like. Boxed mixes may indeed be convenient on hectic weekdays, but the taste and texture of a mix can’t compare to light, fluffy from-scratch pancakes, which are quick to prepare with everyday baking ingredients. Check out Food Network’s top-five pancake recipes below to find top-rated classic and dressed-up picks alike, then browse Mother’s Day Central for more tips on cooking for Mom.
5. Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes — Just as oatmeal cookies are made with oats, cinnamon and raisins, so, too, are Rachael’s kid-friendly pancakes, ready to enjoy in less than 25 minutes.
4. Tri-Berry Oven Pancakes — More like Dutch babies than traditional pancakes, Ina’s thin, golden-brown beauties are scented with orange zest and finished with mixed berries.
3. Chocolate Chip Pancakes With Cinnamon Cream — The ultimate in breakfast indulgence, Paula’s pancakes are made extra rich thanks to a duo of toppings: cool cinnamon-laced whipped cream and a drizzle of maple syrup.
2. Buttermilk Pecan Pancakes With Mamma Callie’s Syrup — Pat and Gina add crunch to their buttermilk flapjacks by sprinkling them with chopped pecans before they’re flipped. Click the play button on the video below to watch the Neelys make breakfast, and learn the secret to preparing a three-ingredient syrup passed to Gina by her great-great-grandmother.
1. Almost-Famous Cheesecake Pancakes (pictured above) — A breakfast-inspired riff on the traditional dessert, these 30-minute pancakes feature chunks of store-bought cheesecake and a sweet topping of freshly made strawberry sauce.