A Letter From Melissa, Plus Ask Your Questions

by in Family, Food Network Chef, May 14th, 2013

Melissa d'ArabianDear Food Network Fan,

In the four years I’ve been part of the Food Network family, I’ve been lucky to share paths with so many of you — whether on TV, through social media, when meeting you in person at events and book signings (or the grocery store, airport, etc.). And now I’m excited to tell you that I will be joining FN Dish as a regular contributor! I’ll be answering your questions, writing about my experiences and giving you insights into my life as a working mom raising four young girls in San Diego. Food, behind-the-scenes sneak peeks, parenting ideas — the possibilities are endless.

So let’s start the party. My first post next week will be answering fan questions. Is there something you’re dying to know? Ask your question in the comment section below or click here to email me, and I’ll pick a handful to answer next week.

I’ll see you here every other Thursday on FN Dish.

Xxoo,
Melissa d'Arabian

WATCH: Alton’s Top 5 Culinary Sabotages

As the seasons progress on Cutthroat Kitchen (Season 5 starts this Sunday at 10|9c), it seems as if the sabotages are getting more and more diabolical...

1. Bre Deavor says:

Hello. I aspire to be a top chef. can u give me any pointers to get my foot in the right direction? I cant seem to get my chance to shine. Please help. I would love to hear your advice.

2. Bill Jones says:

Hi Melissa,
    Do you know what is the best cut of beef to make Pot Roast? Mine always turns out tuff and chewy. Is it better in the slow cooker or Oven?
    Bill Jones

• Melissa says:

I have used both. Using the slow cooker with lots of gravy and veggies is always tender and easy.Any cut of beef falls apart in the crock pot. Can"t go wrong.

3. Shelly says:

I'm new to this site but do have a question. I have a recipe which calls for Safflower, Canola, or sunflower oil for frying. I'm wondering if I could also use Rice Brown oil?

Shelly

4. Sue Kaye says:

Hi Melissa,
    With the weather warming I have an overabundance of Lettuce, spinach and arugula in my garden. Any different ideas for me? I am so looking forward to your presence on FN Dish

5. Helen says:

Hello Melissa!
    Love your Ten Dollar Dinners! But just 'need to know'-how do you stay so darn THIN!
    Luv ya!
    Helen

6. lilly zodie says:

Hi melissa i have a question for you.i ran out of olive oil and milk.Please tell me what i can make

7. Susan says:

Hi Melissa,
    I am an avid FN watcher and am so inspired by all the talent and knowledge shared with us foodie viewers! I have see your show (and Sandra Ls similar show) for meals for $10…which is pretty darn far fetched unless you have a pantry and frig already stocked with $600 worth of ingredients and you just need to buy clams, on sale. But who in the world would buy clams on sale?

It would be so much more helpful to put realistic food costs to your menus so we can really use the info as a tool for budgeting meals and dinner parties! Thank you for listening : )

8. Melissa Sanders says:

Hi Melissa. I"m Melissa from St. Louis. I would like to know if I should buy light or dark molasses. I see it in many recipes for bbq sauce and granola. Do I have to purchase both kinds?

9. debbie says:

Hi Melissa, i wanted to know what kind of non-alcoholic beverages you could use instead of wine and also I don't know if you can bring this up to Food Network or not but it would be great to have a show that gives recipes for the cocktails that the network airs that are all non alcoholic! that would be awesome. Thanks snd I like you show very much! Thanks for the great budget friendly great tasting food!

10. social says:

I will recommend this to all my friends as I find the information here really interesting � can't wait for another article from you! http://business-news.info/