Want to Be on Food Network? Apply Now to Get Cast on Future Shows

by in Community, Shows, April 4th, 2013

Tyler Florence on The Great Food Truck RaceIf you’ve ever found yourself watching Food Network in your living room and thinking, “I can do that, too,” or, “I want try what they’re doing on television,” now is your chance to go from Food Network viewer to on-air contestant.

We’re currently accepting applications for the fourth season of Tyler Florence‘s The Great Food Truck Race — the multi-week showdown that challenges food truck teams to outsell one another in a coast-to-coast road trip — plus an all-new competition series hosted by Tyler, Food Court Wars. Whether you’re an experienced restaurant chef or a novice home cook, if you think you have the dedicated passion, enthusiasm and charisma to impress Tyler and a national audience, we want to hear from you.

Cooking Channel is also looking for future guests. Mo Rocca’s My Grandmother’s Ravioli is casting a second season’s worth of grandmas and grandpas with tried-and-true recipes and creative food points of view, while an upcoming food- and travel-focused show is seeking those with prominent online voices related to food or restaurants.

Think you or a family member could be the best fit for these roles? Read on below to find more information about each show and get the latest details on how to apply.

The Great Food Truck Race

The Great Food Truck RaceWe are currently searching for teams of three from all walks of life — trained chefs, amateur chefs, line cooks, sous chefs, home cooks and dedicated foodies — to compete for the chance to own and operate their very first food truck.

Apply Now

Food Court Wars

Tyler FlorencePassionate about food? Always dreamed about owning an eatery of your own? Do you have a foolproof idea for a locally inspired, original food court hot spot? We are looking for two-person teams that believe they have the winning formula to successfully run an original food court restaurant. Series hosted by acclaimed chef Tyler Florence.

Apply Now

My Grandmother’s Ravioli

My Grandmother's RavioliCalling grandmas and grandpas who are great home cooks! Mo Rocca (CBS Sunday MorningWait, Wait … Don’t Tell Me!) wants you to teach him your favorite and/or unique recipes. If you caught the first season of My Grandmother’s Ravioli on Cooking Channel, you know that Mo Rocca never had the opportunity to learn the secrets to his grandmother’s famous ravioli. Do you think your grandmother or grandfather could teach Mo how to cook great food? We want to know!

Apply Now

Do You Post Online Food Videos, Blogs or Reviews?

Cooking ChannelAre you a funny food fan with an over-the-top personality who regularly posts food blogs, videos or reviews online? We’re looking for food people with a popular web presence to guest on a new food/travel show. Send us a video of yourself talking about your favorite restaurants, cafes, bistros, food trucks or bars. Please include a contact number and a link to your online profile.

Apply Now

Cutthroat Kitchen Caption It: Vampire Brown

Considering the scary-good surprises that befall chefs when they’re least expecting them, and the ghostly sabotages auctioned off by host Alton ...

1. Mike Goldman says:

I heard that the trucks for the Great Food Truck Race were going to be in Chicago soon. My family loves the show. How can we be where they are serving?

2. Lucie Mann says:

When are you casting the Next FoodNetwork Star? Let me know…I want to apply.
    I am French Canadian and have a lot to offer the FoodNetwork Star. I am unique and full of ideas presented in a fun atmosphere. I am an Architect designer, so the journey of cooking and enjoying food is an art to be taught (by me) and the ultimate experience. French cuisine made easy is my specialty (french canadian dishes my grandmaman used to make). I am self-taught and cook everyday. Why do I know I am your girl? Because you have never met someone like me. luciemann@hotmail.com

3. Fred Derf says:

When does Season 4 start???

4. Brooke says:

Is there any word on how to apply? Everything shows that they are accepting applications but there is no where to sign up. If anyone has info please let me know. simpsoninspections2@gmail.com

5. Eric says:

I love to cook, and I am sure that they could build a successful show around me! But I won't even watch Food Network after what they did to Paula Dean! I hope she starts her own network and puts Food Network out of business!

6. JAH says:

How can you apply to be a location for "The Great Food Truck Race"?

7. FionaBlack says:

Come on food network.. Get back to your roots and BRING BACK CAKE CHALLENGE!!!
    But forget the stupid "extreme" crap… Make it about the cake!!!

8. Michele Romero says:

I've been told over and over I need to get on the Food Network. I am a self taught home cook that loves to entertain. I often host Supper Clubs with my foodie friends and go all out. We always have a theme (Breakfast for Dinner) and of course the attire, the menu, the décor and the music must all tie into the theme. We now have a waiting list of friends that want to be invited for the night. I would say I am a version of Tyler Florence meets Ina Garten. I love to cook simple, fresh and of course with beautiful ingredients. I relish in the composition of plating. I have enjoyed the Food Network for many years! When will you be casting for Bobby Flay's Dinner Battle?

9. Mary-Ellen says:

How does one apply for the "Save My Bakery" I have a friend that is badly in need of help…has the location, etc..but needs that jump to put her in the big time…. "Mamma Millie's Bakery, in Pottsville, Pa. 1790l

10. Pamela says:

I'd love to be on Chopped as a home cook!