Mama’s Cookin’, Neighborhood Joints and Scratch-Made Classics on Triple D Tonight

by in Food Network Chef, Shows, April 15th, 2013

Scratch-Made Classics on Diners, Drive-Ins and DivesIn tonight’s new episode of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (9pm/8c), Guy’s favorites are completely homemade from coast to coast. In Manhattan, a real deal chef is crankin’ out homemade pretzels with a special beer cheese sauce. Heading north to Vancouver, Guy will visit a butcher shop turned bakery and diner that’s serving up standards like burgers and turkey pot pie. Back down to the West Coast in Santa Barbara, Calif., a family-run joint is making authentic Mexican food from scratch, like carnitas with red salsa and pozole with homemade tortillas.

But before Guy takes off, he’s heading out in a marathon of episodes that will having you craving Pancetta Bacon Pasta (yes, pancetta and bacon), Potato and Cheese Pan-Fried Pierogies, and BBQ Pulled Pork With Carolina Sauce.

Take the trip with him starting at 6pm/5c — follow along and bookmark the restaurants as he goes and try your hand at the recipes.

From north and south to east and west, Guy’s been everywhere. Next time you’re traveling, download the On the Road app or check out this map to find all of Guy’s Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives destinations.

Diners Declassified: Go Behind the Scenes With Guy

The Calm Before the Feast: FN Stars’ Wednesday-Night Game Plans

We chatted with Food Network stars about their pre-Turkey Day plans....

1. Annoyed person says:

Hello Food Network peoples, I think that you guys play diners drive ins and dives too much because Guy is annoying and I think you guys should play Restaurant Stakeout or Restaurant Impossible. I don't want Diners, Drive In and Dives on until 2:00pm to 3:00am. OKay? IT'S ANNOYING!

2. Lynn says:

I totally agree with "Annoyed Person". I am SO-O-O sick of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Guy isn't infornative, just annoying. There are days that it seems to be on EVERY 1/2 hour for DAYS. ENOUGH ALREADY!

3. LANA KNIGHT says:

MY FAMILY HAPPENS TO LOVE THE TRIPLE D SHOW, AND WE WATCH IT EVERY CHANCE WE GET… WE ALSO LOVE GUY"S HOME KITCHEN, AND WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A BRICK OVEN LIKE THAT… THE ONLY THING I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH IS CATCHING ALL OF THE RECIPES WE WOULD LIKE TO MAKE ON THE SHOWS….. GUY, IF YOU HAPPEN TO SEE THIS, IS THE A WAY TO GET THESE RECIPES ON LINE THROUGH THE FOOD NETWORK UNDER DINERS, DRIVE INNS AND DIVES? THANKS… KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK… LANA IN SHAWNEE OK.

4. not important says:

Leave Guy alone-I love that show-don't you dare put on Restaurant stakeout or impossibe-I dont like the man who hosts those shows-I can't even watch them-I 'll take Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives anyday over these boring shows.

5. Carlos says:

First of all I have to say that I like the 3D show. However, I've seen enough of unprofessional and arrogant behavior on the part of Guy that it really disturbs me. For some unknown reason Guy, you can't keep your fingers out of prepared foods not served for you. Your into sauces, unprotected fingers into Brisket, chicken, head cheeze, french fries, etc. even when the operating chef has his/her hands in protective gloves. This is arrogant, grossly unprofessional and I encourage Ann Burel to kick your butt because she is closer than I am. I also dislike your interruption of the chef while she/he is describing their prep processes. Yes you are knowledgeable but like a bully you have to show off anyway. The chef's and their staffs are the show and that's why you are there. Step aside and let them perform then you can talk and show off all you want when you are the star on your own show. Get real, get a life, get professional.

6. BSB says:

I think your all jealous of Guy having a successful TV show. Its very simple……pickup your remote and change the channel if your not enjoying whats on, perhaps try reading a recipe or creating your own! Guy is very entertaining and knowledgeable at the same time, 2 traits that draw an audience in and make a show popular. Obviously the network has ways of checking the ratings and counting the viewers tuned in at certain times, hmmmmm wonder why Guy is on so much? Maybe because the majority like him! Try not to dissect every little detail about a Chef in a kitchen, yes there are jermafobs who belive there gonna croak if the Chef isnt wearing a glove…. however I cant remember any triple D show where guy touched raw chicken and then tossedvyour salad with the same hand. The Guy is professional and knows his HACCP im sure. You dont become a successful Chef by making people ill from cross contamination. Remember that on his show its all for show and I can tell you what he touches im sure food network has plenty of money to pay for and discard the unused product. Go get emm Guy!!! Triple D is awesome!

7. John says:

This show has done so many restaurants so much good in giving them exposure they would have never received otherwise. Friends of mine were on the show and their business exploded, even though they were doing OK beforehand. Sure, Guy may be a showboat and act like a kid in a candy store while the presentations are being done (mind you this is all for show and not for patrons), but the point of the show is to get into the heart of American cuisine, which he and this show does. Being a restauranteur and chef, I applaud mostly the Food Network for giving the small guys a voice and letting Guy's big mouth do what it does. As mentioned in a previous comment, change the channel and stop whining!

8. Kevin says:

Guy, you are the man. Ignore the haters and keep Triple D coming!

9. Agree Annoyed says:

I totally agree with "Annoyed Person" Guy can't seem to keep his hands off the meats while the chef is preparing the plate. He makes fun of their work space and their pots, spoons and machinery. Instead of letting the chef tell what he is doing he butts in, all the chef can do is say "yea" "yes". So Annoying, I love the concept of the show but, can you not let a kid host the show. I watch for the reccipes but, I turn the channel when I can't take Guy anymore. Customers could get sick because he is always sticking his meaty fingers in the food.