Chopped Judges Take Over the Kitchen in After-Hours Competitions

by in Shows, April 2nd, 2013

Chefs Aaron Sanchez, Marc Murphy and Chris SantosNo strangers to the uncommon, unusual ingredients that make their way into mystery baskets, Chopped judges have tasted myriad plates of eccentric eats after more than 14 seasons of competition, but they rarely are able to cook with those ingredients for themselves. That is, until now.

In Chopped After Hours, an all-new series on FoodNetwork.com, the panel is taking over the kitchen. For the first time, the judges are trying their hands at identical combinations of ingredients that have sent home chef competitors. They’ll cook against the clock in the same amount of time as traditional contestants, but among these friends and colleagues there will be as much eating, drinking and playful joking happening at each station as there is high-quality food preparation. None of the judges will settle for creating anything less than masterful meals, but they know well how to balance work and play — and will surely make time for a cocktail or two and even subject their fellow judges to a few hilariously timed interruptions.

Chefs Chris Santos, Aaron Sanchez and Marc MurphyNo one knows the Chopped kitchen quite like these longstanding judges, but when faced with odd, disparate ingredients — and their peers’ influences — will they be able to turn out top-tier dishes without succumbing to the same challenges as everyday competitors? Check back to Food Network’s Chopped headquarters (FoodNetwork.com/Chopped) after the brand-new episode airs Tuesday, April 30 at 10pm/9c to watch the judges in action, and find out if they can succeed where others have been chopped.

Upcoming After Hours Episodes

Tuesday, April 30 at 10pm/9c
Tuesday, May 7 at 10pm/9c

Guy Reveals 8 Techniques to Survive Guy’s Grocery Games

Guy’s Grocery Games: the only show where chefs have the supermarket to themselves, have to cook in it and have the chance to win some serious do...

1. Marilyn says:

I know he's not a judge, but I"d love to see TED on an episode of Chopped!

2. mabel8ble says:

I can't wait to see it! I am sure it's a treat, just like the battle for New Iron Chef.

Mine, it's tough, mainly the time limit. I did one at home mabel's Chopped Drill 1 video, it's down right crazy. Yep, it's def. easy to sit and criticize, it's another story to do it yourself.

Read more at: http://blog.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/2013/04/chopp

3. Woman3434 says:

I can't keep up with all this, lol. After-hours? Ok….The premiere episode of the All-Stars is this Sunday right?? I just hope I haven't missed it.

4. angela says:

The best Chopped ever would be Iron Chef Chopped. I would give anything to see Flay, Simon, Zakarian and Morimoto compete against each other. I can't imagine who would be chopped first!

5. Thomas says:

Will there be recipes for the dishes? I think it would be really interesting if they did a cooking special were they showed you how to cook some of the dishes from the show.

6. Robin says:

I think The Chairman should be thrown into the mix also, seeing he likes to give surprize ingredients and curveballs himself.

7. Jon Velez says:

i want to see chris santos and scott conant being chopped early and ted allen being chopped champion!

8. Jackie J says:

I'd like to see Chris Santos compete. He always is so harsh when judging but I have never seen him compete like the other judges have on Chopped or Iron Chef.

9. Donna says:

I would like to see a Behind the Scenes Chopped special, interviewing the cameramen, the people who wash the dishes between battles, how the ingredients are chosen, I think that would be very interesting.

10. your mom says: