Chopped Judges Take Over the Kitchen in After-Hours Competitions

by in Shows, April 2nd, 2013

Chefs Aaron Sanchez, Marc Murphy and Chris SantosNo strangers to the uncommon, unusual ingredients that make their way into mystery baskets, Chopped judges have tasted myriad plates of eccentric eats after more than 14 seasons of competition, but they rarely are able to cook with those ingredients for themselves. That is, until now.

In Chopped After Hours, an all-new series on FoodNetwork.com, the panel is taking over the kitchen. For the first time, the judges are trying their hands at identical combinations of ingredients that have sent home chef competitors. They’ll cook against the clock in the same amount of time as traditional contestants, but among these friends and colleagues there will be as much eating, drinking and playful joking happening at each station as there is high-quality food preparation. None of the judges will settle for creating anything less than masterful meals, but they know well how to balance work and play — and will surely make time for a cocktail or two and even subject their fellow judges to a few hilariously timed interruptions.

Chefs Chris Santos, Aaron Sanchez and Marc MurphyNo one knows the Chopped kitchen quite like these longstanding judges, but when faced with odd, disparate ingredients — and their peers’ influences — will they be able to turn out top-tier dishes without succumbing to the same challenges as everyday competitors? Check back to Food Network’s Chopped headquarters (FoodNetwork.com/Chopped) after the brand-new episode airs Tuesday, April 30 at 10pm/9c to watch the judges in action, and find out if they can succeed where others have been chopped.

Upcoming After Hours Episodes

Tuesday, April 30 at 10pm/9c
Tuesday, May 7 at 10pm/9c

Families That Shop Together Stay Together: The Competition Goes Family Style on Guy’s Grocery Games

Read all about the special Guy's Grocery Games: Family Style competition coming up on Jan. 4....

1. Lili says:

Is it boys against girls? Who is judging?

2. Shelley G says:

I love to watched Chopped…so I know I'll love watching all of the judges compete1 I feel like i know them all!! :)

3. Maggie says:

What a great idea, I can't wait to watch!

4. Allison B says:

I love this idea, but it's not exactly the same for the judges since they've seen the ingredient combinations before and have had time to think about them. One of the stumbling blocks for the competitors on the show is having to concoct a plan and prepare their course in the time allotted. I'll still watch the show because I love Chopped and I can't wait to see what the judges will create.

5. TOLU says:

I AN LAUGHING INSIDE AND CAN'T WAIT FOR OUR TOUGH JUDGES TO BE JUDGED THEMSELVES. INTERESTING

6. Jan says:

I LOVE Chopped and anything else Food Network! I'll be watching, for sure!

• Sue says:

I'm with you, Jan. I have things to do every other night of the week but Tuesday. I spend my evening watching the Chopped shows and then the after hours with the judges. Love it all. Am amazed that the competitors and the judges can make something edible and complex out of seemingly unrelated ingredients.

7. Paula says:

I can't wait to see Scott Conant compete!!!!! I love his judging critiques and want to see how others will critique him!

8. Esteve says:

Can I see Aron Sanchez compete? In his speedos!

9. Wendy P says:

Really, really love them all but…..don't recall seeing these guys recently or at all in the kitchen……. Scott Conant, Marc Murphy, Chris Santos and Ted Allen.

10. terence gil mutuc says:

nice 1….. i like to watched CHOPPED…