Best 5 Deviled Egg Recipes by Maria Russo in Entertaining, Recipes, April 11th, 2013
- Comment (1)
Much is made of hard-boiled eggs immediately before and after Easter, but these two-toned beauties are a welcome party starter throughout the year. This weekend, whether you’re hosting an elegant spring dinner party or simply enjoying a casual night with friends, look to platters of deviled eggs to be the star appetizers of the evening. While they’ll curb pre-dinner munchies, deviled eggs aren’t so filling that they’ll weigh down appetites, plus they’re easily customizable with a myriad of ingredients, so you know you’ll find a style of egg that suits your tastes. Check out Food Network’s top-five deviled egg recipes below — all top-rated dishes that can be made quickly with ease — from Anne, Sunny, Melissa, Bobby Deen and Paula.
5. Truffled Deviled Eggs — Fresh truffles are extremely pricey, so Anne opts for truffle oil — an ingredient that’s a bit more modest — to add rich flavor to her top-rated eggs. But be sure to use only the amount listed, as truffle oil can easily overpower the dish.
4. Crunchy Deviled Eggs — After stuffing the egg whites with a tangy combination of lemon juice, mustard and pickled jalapenos, Sunny adorns each egg with canned fried onions for a crispy textured bite.
3. Ranch Deviled Eggs — Save time in the kitchen by relying on store-bought salad dressing to offer a classic ranch taste to Melissa’s easy appetizer, finished with a drizzle of barbecue sauce and chopped fresh scallions.
2. Lighter Southern Deviled Eggs — To balance the decadence of classic deviled eggs, Bobby Deen mixes creamy Greek yogurt with just a small scoop of mayonnaise, but he maintains tried-and-true flavors by including a bold spice blend and chopped pickles in the filling.
1. Traditional Southern Deviled Eggs — Made with just a handful of everyday ingredients, these signature eggs (pictured above) come together in only 25 minutes and boast a duo of garnishes, including sweet pickles and pimentos. Click the play button on the video below to watch how to make this five-star recipe.