Taking Orders — Worst Cooks in America Caption It

by in Shows, March 22nd, 2013

Chef Anne BurrellFor the first time in Worst Cooks in America Boot Camp, the chefs and recruits will be swapping roles in the kitchen this Sunday. Anne and Bobby will take their contestants’ places for a challenge that has them cooking against the clock, but of course the recruits are the ones who are in for the true test of the Skill Drill. With their mentors out of sight, they must communicate with the chefs via headset as they work in teams to describe the visual and flavor profiles of a dish only they can see and taste. While it’s the hope that the competitors’ abilities to discern cooking techniques and ingredients are strong enough for their mentors to re-create the dish successfully, the contestants were learning new practices just one week ago, so some of their directions may indeed get lost in translation.

In the sneak-peek shot from Sunday’s brand-new episode, Chef Anne is prepping ingredients as she’s being fed culinary intelligence from Rasheeda and Sue. It’s up to her to trust in what they’re saying about the dish and attempt to prepare the same meal with only her team’s descriptions in mind. How do you think Chefs Anne and Bobby will react to taking requests from their recruits? Are the contestants able to work effectively as teams, or will this challenge backfire on the chefs? Which team, the Red or Blue, will ultimately score a win just one week before the finale?

Before you tune in this Sunday at 9pm/8c to find out who makes the better dish, we’re challenging you, Worst Cooks in America fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this moment in the comments below.

Want to try your hand at recipes featured on Worst Cooks in America? Browse top recipes made by Chefs Anne Burrell and Bobby Flay

Get Classic Southern Eats in Alabama — On the Road with The Great Food Truck Race

This week on The Great Food Truck Race, the route took the teams to Alabama. On their first day Tyler had the teams getting their hands dirty — pick...

1. Marilyn says:

I knew you would win Anne. I have made several of your recipes and they always get so many compliments. I made a stffed turkey breasts for my family one year at Christmas and my adult son said it was the best thing he has ever eaten in his life! He even had me teach him how to make it!

2. Grace A Hahl says:

Oh…This should be interesting. Good luck to both teams on this one.

3. Brittany says:

Why has this SAME season of "Worst Cooks" been playing for about a month now? I'm sorry, but it is extremely annoying. I already know who wins because they showed the new episodes a month ago!!! All the episodes that are played are repeats of the same season….REALLY FOOD NETWORK?

• Les says:

Worst Cooks in on Sundays at 9PM EST. Of course they will play re-runs during the weeks to catch everyone up. If it bothers you so much do not watch the re-runs and tune in on Sundays.

Easy, no stress…REALLY BRITTANY???

4. Les says:

Chet, you groveling little man…TIME TO GO HOME, HOMIE!!!

SEE YA!!!

5. Woosie hater says:

Chet,

you woos . Say "Hi" to mommy for us, OK???

Pansy…

6. Laura says:

Am I missing something? I'm sure that the recruits neglected to mention parsley and the red team overlooked the mint as they directed Bobbie & Anne to prepare the lamb & sweet potato hash. However, both chefs included herbs in their sauces. The pros should not have included anything unless the recruits told them to. I have been very dissappointed in the methods used to test the recruits this season.
    I would prefer to see them teach the recruits basic cooking technics and everyday recipes.

7. ohio chick says:

I knew it from the beginning: AB would pick the black chick and Flay would pick the obvious eye candy. This show has gotten just too predictable

8. monica s says:

i love it this the time it was pay back time

9. sheila hershkowitz says:

worst shows on food network…Ann Burrell is such a bully….get your act together

10. Patrick Mason says:

Is this for a caption of the picture or for a comment on the show? if it is a caption of the picture here goes:

OH yeah Bobby, and then she was all like…. what is this blue thing,

I love this show, I wish I could get on it, I honestly think I am learning just by watching and really 30+ years of fast food and soup and grilled cheese is wearing on me.