Ice Cream Meltdowns — Worst Cooks in America Caption It

by in Shows, March 1st, 2013

Chefs Anne Burrell and Bobby FlayJust when the recruits are starting to adjust to the stresses of Worst Cooks in America Boot Camp and the expectations that come with each Skill Drill and Main Dish Challenge, Chefs Anne Burrell and Bobby Flay are ready to throw a twist into their list of already tricky demands. On Sunday, for the first time, the mentors will leave the kitchen during the Skill Drill while the recruits prep homemade gelato, which will be subject to a blind tasting. This means that the competitors will be wholly alone in their efforts this week, as they won’t have the security of nearby coaches or the opportunity to defend their dishes as they’re tasted.

Given the sneak-peek image above from Sunday’s all-new episode, it seems as though both Chefs Anne and Bobby are left stunned — and not in a good way — with what chilly treats their team members have scooped for them. Here, both mentors look with confusion and perhaps pure horror at the icy concoction before them, but since it’s a blind tasting, they can’t tell whose recruit is responsible for this dessert meltdown. Do you think the chefs will be able to guess based on flavor and presentation who prepared this plate, and if so, who’s most likely to have crafted this unsuccessful confection?

Before you tune in this Sunday at 9pm/8c to find out who churns the best and worst batches of gelato, we’re challenging you, Worst Cooks in America fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this taste-test moment in the comments below.

Think you have what it takes to make it at Boot Camp? Take Food Network’s Worst Cooks in America Culinary Quiz to find out.

Explore America’s Best-Ever Pizzas, BBQ, Breakfasts and Burgers on All-New Series

When you consider classic eats like pizza, barbecue, breakfast and burgers, there’s surely no shortage of restaurants at which to find them; fro...

1. Lisa says:

Why does Ann have to yell so much. I used to love both her shows now I can't watch either. I just tried watching Worst Cook and she started fricken screaming again. I can't stand it !!!

2. bebe says:

Has Anne lost her freaking mind. She is so full of herself. Last week on the commercial for this weeks show she had the stupidity to call one of the cooks stupid…what nerve. one of the cooks caught the towel on fire and she said he was too stupid to notice. what a comment…

3. bebe says:

4. Iley says:

I will never watch Bobby and Ann again after seeing their hateful ways on their so called exciting challenge. They lie and are nasty. Is this what we want on TV.?NOT ME! Funny not. How do they sleep at night? Hope they made the money they were going for.

• Meg says:

Not only that, but they called out someone for licking his fingers while preparing his dish. Bobby and Anne wouldn't taste it (don't blame them) but here is the problem…later I watched Bobby Flay on Iron Chef America and what did he do??? He licked his fingers more than once and then plated the dishes!!! Talk about setting an example!!!

5. Iley says:

6. Pat says:

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!!!!!!! BURGERS I WOULDNT EAT!!!!!

7. lee says:

Let's give it to Mikey, he eats anything

8. pamela says:

What is it? I'm not sure but if It moves I'm not tasting it!!!!

9. pamela says:

I am sick of Carla. Is this the dating game for a cooking show? They should have stopped Carla"s infantile antics on the first show.

10. Dawnskye says:

Bobby: I'm not so sure if my HMO will cover my hospital stay if I eat this!
    Anne: What have I done in my past life to deserve this??