Culinary Quiz: How Well Would You Fare at Worst Cooks Boot Camp?

by in Shows, February 16th, 2013

Worst Cooks in AmericaIn this all-new fifth season of Worst Cooks in America, 14 culinary recruits are in for the kitchen Boot Camp of their lives, as Chefs Anne Burrell and Bobby Flay work to transform them into capable, confident cooks who can turn out winning meals with ease. But before one can be crowned the best of the worst of the kitchen, they’ll have to endure seven weeks of hands-on training covering even the most elementary culinary know-how.

For many watching the competition unfold at home, it’s easy to think that you’d fare far better than the recruits if tested with the same challenges of Boot Camp. But would you really succeed where others have fallen? FN Dish is giving you the opportunity to assess your critical culinary thinking and the extent of your cooking chops. Take the quiz below to find out how well you’d manage in the kitchen with Chefs Anne and Bobby, then watch this exclusive video to see how the Worst Cooks recruits answered when they were asked quiz questions.

How Well Would You Fare at Worst Cooks Boot Camp?

Think you have what it takes to make it at Boot Camp? Take this quiz to find out, and learn kitchen basics and culinary how-tos.
Start
Congratulations - you have completed How Well Would You Fare at Worst Cooks Boot Camp?. You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%. Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Your answers are highlighted below.
Return
Shaded items are complete.
12345
678910
End
Return

Watch the premiere of Worst Cooks in America on Mon., February 17 9|8c.

Just Desserts — Testing the Cutthroat Kitchen Sabotages

Creating tiramisu can be time-consuming, as it involves soaking lady fingers in an espresso mixture and topping them with a sweet mascarpone cheese-ba...

1. Rose says:

I think this show is really interesting because I like to see how everyone interacts. Carla is quite dramatic.

2. Savannah says:

My mom should be on this show. She burnt microwave corndogs. Plus she tried putting out a pan fire with sugar. Result, melted spoon, burnt stove and kitchen, Epic FAIL with sugar

3. Adam Martinez says:

How do i submit entry as a contestant in "Worst cooks in America"

4. Joselyn Diaz says:

I need to go on this show. My rice is always burnt … -_- I need help LOL

• Guest says:

Joselyn, rice is one of the easiest dishes to cook! Just make sure you boil the water first (one cup water to 1 cup rice) I usually add about a tablespoon of butter, and then add the rice and put a tight-fitting lid on your pot and bring to a low simmer and cook for about 30 minutes (45 minutes for brown rice). Or follow the package directions if using a boxed or bagged rice. It's very important to make sure you DON'T LIFT THE LID OFF THE POT UNTIL IT IS FULLY COOKED OR IT WILL COME OUT STICKY! unless of course, you like your rice that way. It helps if you use a pressure cooker. Or a rice steamer.

5. CJB1011 says:

I really want to be on Worst Cooks in America. It freaks me out to touch raw meat (which can be a problem when I have to make dinner for my family every night) and I really make most meals based on the least number of pots possible and how easy the clean up is. Everything I make is SO basic. I NEED HELP! Please pick me to be on the show. It looks fun and my family would just be happy to get some variety in their meals. PLEASE!

6. Johanna Caruzo says:

Plz I had 3 kids erick is 10 camila is 2 and Melanie is 1 year I need to learn how to cook a least vegetables is so hard for me I think I always over cook my food and always my Housban have to buy chinees , Portuguese Ecuadorian food I feel so bad! Can u guys help me to get to next show plz!

7. Laura says:

I'm 29 and I only got 4 right… then again, I am a terrible cook. No one eats the food I make, I'll eat it but only because I'm use to eating my awful food.

8. Allison MacCartney says:

My fiancé worked for Chef Flay along with Jan S. Wayne Harley. Not allowed in the Galley bc I burned eggs and percolator coffee. I can prove that I can cook. I am smart and hard working. This burns me up Teeheehee. I can learn. I need to compete. Best, Alli

9. William says:

I'm 10 and I got 100%.Wow I love cooking. Sounds like and awesome show to watch!!

10. Denise Sloan says:

I got 8 out of 10 I love cooking and have taught myself how and it makes me feel good when people talk about how good my cooking is.