Culinary Quiz: How Well Would You Fare at Worst Cooks Boot Camp?

by in Shows, February 16th, 2013

Worst Cooks in AmericaIn this all-new fifth season of Worst Cooks in America, 14 culinary recruits are in for the kitchen Boot Camp of their lives, as Chefs Anne Burrell and Bobby Flay work to transform them into capable, confident cooks who can turn out winning meals with ease. But before one can be crowned the best of the worst of the kitchen, they’ll have to endure seven weeks of hands-on training covering even the most elementary culinary know-how.

For many watching the competition unfold at home, it’s easy to think that you’d fare far better than the recruits if tested with the same challenges of Boot Camp. But would you really succeed where others have fallen? FN Dish is giving you the opportunity to assess your critical culinary thinking and the extent of your cooking chops. Take the quiz below to find out how well you’d manage in the kitchen with Chefs Anne and Bobby, then watch this exclusive video to see how the Worst Cooks recruits answered when they were asked quiz questions.

How Well Would You Fare at Worst Cooks Boot Camp?

Think you have what it takes to make it at Boot Camp? Take this quiz to find out, and learn kitchen basics and culinary how-tos.
Start
Congratulations - you have completed How Well Would You Fare at Worst Cooks Boot Camp?. You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%. Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Your answers are highlighted below.
Return
Shaded items are complete.
12345
678910
End
Return

Watch the premiere of Worst Cooks in America on Mon., February 17 9|8c.

What to Watch: Plan the Perfect Party with The Kitchen and Break Some Bread on Barefoot Contessa

From party favorites to inventive new dishes, Food Network has you covered this weekend. First, join Ree and Charlie as they create a picnic-friendly ...

1. mckayla says:

I'm 10 and i did a pretty good job on the test i got 90% i feel so happy for myself:D

2. SoulSearcher says:

I know I need Jesus in the Kitchen with me.. Eeek! I scored 33%. I would like to learn more and embody the feeling that I did cook a Great Meal for my kids without them saying "u burned it again" or I just can't try it mommy, it's just another mystery? [polldaddy 6923911 http://answers.polldaddy.com/poll/6923911/ polldaddy]

3. lash65 says:

omg i got 100% i might be on the real young side on cooking but im awesome in many ways i am super duper sweet i can make so many things im more of a dessert and dinner kind of cook

4. Lydia says:

I got 10 out of 10 and I'm 15! :)

5. RachieB!!! says:

TeeHee! I'm 13, and my younger siblings would rather have me cook than my mother. I can cook but I prefer baking. There is this really good bakery in town-Sugarica, in Bartlesville OK- and I know the owner I'm hoping to get a job there at 15 1/2. I am passionate when it comes to baking, and i've been doing it(on my own) since 8. If anyone else admits to being the odd nerd, who can really bake, I would like to hear your story. I was 5 when I started baking with my aunt and her supervision. At 8 I was doing it on my own!

• Tam says:

You have a future plan pastry school should be in your future. Keep the passion your customers will taste it.

• Rene says:

Baking is harder than cooking, ask Chef Emeril

• bob says:

show off! no one really cares that you can bake. A lot of people can bake, easy!

• Chef Ann says:

Don't be so hateful!! Im giving all the young chefs and bakers a shout out follow your dreams if you keep baking and cooking someday you will be something great!!!

• Emmaline says:

since when was baking a nerd thing?

• Catherine says:

Im 12 years old and got 100%. My mom and I have cook offs and I usually win although she is a culinary artist.

• Alina says:

I am 10 and I've been baking my whole life. My Dad owns a bakery in New York called Almondine Bakery.
      Sometimes I go there and work a little on the slower days. I love baking and hope everybody who wants to be a baker can! PS if you need a job and you live in NYC stop by and don't forget………. If you do go there be shure to try the Chocolate Blackout Cake with PB!!!!!!!!! So yummy!!

• Janine (Canada) says:

you don't write like any 13yr old I know, but I've always been interested in cooking (have photo of me at 4 standing on a chair to use an electric mixer). First learned to fry eggs at 5, and at 7 first followed a recipe from a book without help (French toast – still use the same receipe 35 years later). Worked at a bakeshop in late teens (cakes, pies, tortes) and created recipes for them they still use. Now I sometimes do specialty cakes for local occasions; just did 2 cakes for a bride from half-way across the country. there are many times I considered taking training, glad to hear of your passion!

• Liz says:

Don't ever let anyone knock that passion out of you! It's the rare person that knows what they love at your tender age. Check out your local community education programs so you can hone some of your skills. They are usually very reasonably priced (I'm sure your parents wouldn't mind helping fund the classes if they get to eat the results!). There's no reason to wait to get started, even as young as you are! Best wishes and happy cooking to you.

• Guest says:

Just like me… but I'm 12. I love cooking and baking.

• N/A says:

Same except I'm 12 I'm such a gamer but I love to bake I started when I was 3 baking with my mom and I started on my own at age 6. My favorite is making Christmas cookies with my mom. What's yours?

• ken says:

good on you keep up the good work. I also learned to cook when I was young I was 13 and I helped my grand mom to cook. :)

ps I live in Claremore ok and hope to try your cooking.

• franklin says:

hi nice story man. i am only 12 i love to cook/bake i started when i was only 7 with little help now i can do much more like : cook steak, chicken, burgers, salads, pork chops ribs roasts soups (home made) ,stews, and macaroni ,venison sauge… and can bake much more most people prefer my cooking over my 16 year old bros. and his food SUCKS!!!! He uses too many spices all you taste is garlic Onion and salonto so you see what i mean well see ya.

6. Youngchef says:

Im 13 and I got a perfect score!

7. Ivy says:

I got a perfect score and I'm 14.

8. Shelby says:

I find it hard to believe that these 10 and 13 year old kids are truly getting 100% without google…or good guesses!! Lol

9. Sweet.Carol126 says:

I finally figured out how to get the other 9 questions. i got all 10 right, though one I guessed at but reasoned it out before guessing. I had seen the word mirin but don't recall what it is but I guessed with the choices as I eliminated ones I knew did not apply. Rest of the questions I was pretty sure about or positive about.
    About the show, they aren't the worst cooks in America as the ones who are weeded out ahead of time may be worse and then as the shows goes along, the worst are weeded out again, or the ones that make mistakes. So the best of the worst are selected. The idea is to be able to do as well as they can with cooks who hav enot been good cooks.

10. Stan Musick says:

the kids tell me to stay out of the kitchen !