Coming This March: Justin Warner’s Rebel Eats

by in Food Network Chef, Shows, February 18th, 2013

Rebel Eats Justin WarnerFood Network Star season 8 winner, Justin Warner, will hit the road in search of unique culinary rule-breakers in a one-hour special, Rebel Eats, airing Saturday, March 30, at 10pm/9c. Armed with $300 in his pocket, a beat-up car and a passion for unconventional food and eccentric people, Justin will travel the back roads of the South to try everything from moonshine and bacon beer to barbecue in a jar and jellyfish pasta. Along the way, Justin will meet the cooks and proprietors who, like him, march to their own beat through the world of food.

PHOTOS: Flip through Justin’s Star Scrapbook
VIDEO: Relive the moment Justin won
RECIPES: Try your hand at Justin’s recipes

Justin Warner, originally from Hagerstown Md., is a self-taught cook and is chef and co-owner of Do or Dine in Brooklyn, N.Y. — a restaurant that he built from the ground up. Justin began working in restaurants at just 13 years old and his approach to food reflects his personality: edgy, intense, passionate and witty.

Restaurant Revisited — Military: Impossible at Green Beret Club

“This is very special,” Robert Irvine said not long after arriving at Fort Bragg, N.C., for a mission near and dear to his heart. A former...

1. terri says:

not into another travel show….too bad…….

2. Tanya says:

Why, why why? I want Justin to cook! I want to learn from him! Why producers, why? Justin, you got robbed, but I still think YOU ROCK!

3. TERRY GONZALEZ says:

FOOD NETWORK, LEAVE JUSTIN ALONE, HE CAN COOK BETTER THAN ANYONE ON FOOD NETWORK ,, HE DESERVES A BIG SHOW , AFTER WAITING SOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG, GOOOOOOO JUSTIN YOU WILL ROCK

4. joyceftworthfoodie says:

I agree – I have been waiting to see Justin cook – You did the same thing with the SANDWICH KING – if they win they should cook – Arti's Party is a complete waste of time – thing only one that really cooks is $10 dinners Winner Melissa d'Arabian .

He has alot to offer – I love Alton and Good Eats but let Justin go he is very relevant

• Linda says:

I too agree. We have been waiting for so long to see a cooking show staring Justin. The opportunity to learn different cooking techniques in such an entertaining and personal setting would certainly be a hit.

5. Lindsey says:

Have I misunderstood – is this really only a single 1-hour travel special? Seriously? I'm super excited that Justin is FINALLY going to be back on TV, and I will definitely be watching, but FN, you have a diamond on your hands! Let this guy cook and give him his own series! I'm kind of sick of all the competition shows and restaurant repairs and travel series. Justin is unique and I was thrilled to have something new and different to look forward to. Excited for Justin, disappointed that it's a one-off travel show.

6. Carrie says:

Relax! Justin has told us on his Facebook page that he will Cook on his show . I'm hoping he helps the travel places cook or better yet , use the travel inspiration to create hie own dishes . I agree and feel your mis understanding and hopes Justin Cooks more too . For my birthday , I went to a benefit event of his and he didn't cook , but still was fun and entertaining .
    I'm holding to how fun i know already how fun. Whatever Justin's is called or will be !

7. Angela Violet says:

Oh my God, I am so disappointed. I really wanted to see this guy cook. I don't care about "other culinary rebels like himself," I wanted HIM. Someone at FN has seriously lost their marbles. Even if he cooks a little, it's not the same thing. Even when they have a star they don't know what to do with it. I was going to be a loyal Justin viewer. Now I'll just search for whatever recipes float to the surface.

8. Donna says:

ENOUGH about Guy! Don't get me wrong, I like him but, Justin got short-changed and that needs to change! Food Network is getting sloppy, lazy and redundant. Give a REBEL a chance to prove himself and get over the others! They're over exposed anyway. Food Network needs a whole new staff, to include producer! You people are STALE!

• Angela Violet says:

Yeah FN, we VOTED FOR JUSTIN, remember? But why bother featuring someone who cooks like no one else? Why bother with originality? Make him go look for other guys like himself before we–your audience, if you remember– even really get acquainted with his food. You producers might be well acquainted with what he cooks, but YOUR AUDIENCE HARDLY GOT A TASTE OF HIM before you took him away from us!

9. Scott Seward says:

My wife and I have been excited to see Justin's show and to learn it's another traveling cooking show is extremely disappointing. This guy obviously has some culinary skill that's unique, let him have at it, build a viewership, then do spin-offs. Food Network, you're getting super lazy. Stop doing what MTV did, turning the original channel into a parody of itself doing everything other than what you set out to be. In this case, the premier "COOKING" channel. Do I have to start watching the "Cooking Channel" to actually watch cooking shows? Filling the airtime with everything but is becoming redundant and boring. Sure, you have cooking shows during the day, but many of us who work don't want to come home to watch someone try to out- cook someone else, taste someone else's food, or travel to far off places in search of some far off ingredient i'll never use. I want innovative, inspiring, young/old/decrepit people, attractive and ugly, teaching me skills in the kitchen I can't learn elsewhere. Justin is a great place to start.

10. Kevin says:

Why don't the producers care enough to post here and clear up the confusion?