Coming This March: Justin Warner’s Rebel Eats

by in Food Network Chef, Shows, February 18th, 2013

Rebel Eats Justin WarnerFood Network Star season 8 winner, Justin Warner, will hit the road in search of unique culinary rule-breakers in a one-hour special, Rebel Eats, airing Saturday, March 30, at 10pm/9c. Armed with $300 in his pocket, a beat-up car and a passion for unconventional food and eccentric people, Justin will travel the back roads of the South to try everything from moonshine and bacon beer to barbecue in a jar and jellyfish pasta. Along the way, Justin will meet the cooks and proprietors who, like him, march to their own beat through the world of food.

PHOTOS: Flip through Justin’s Star Scrapbook
VIDEO: Relive the moment Justin won
RECIPES: Try your hand at Justin’s recipes

Justin Warner, originally from Hagerstown Md., is a self-taught cook and is chef and co-owner of Do or Dine in Brooklyn, N.Y. — a restaurant that he built from the ground up. Justin began working in restaurants at just 13 years old and his approach to food reflects his personality: edgy, intense, passionate and witty.

“You Think That Twins Are Connected? No” — Alton’s After-Show

For the first time in Cutthroat Kitchen history, the limits of evilicious sabotage were tested tonight as two sets of twins took their places in the n...

1. jmil1 says:

I want to see him cook!!! Used to be excited about this, but I don't need another DDD show to watch….

2. Bethanne says:

Food Network has fallen greatly..never saw a show go from great success to a major loser..whose fault is this?
    watch…why..done too many times before yawn. Catching up on movies now over the weekend!

3. rprankin says:

I am (was?) a fan, but this is ridiculous. Justin seemed to have more to offer than a Guy Fieri knock-off of DDD. Guy is the most over-exposed 'celebrity' on TV, so why make us cringe even more with his evil Alton Brown inspired twin? Why didn't AB handle this like he should have?

4. Bonny says:

I want to watch "Food Network". Really, another travel Show, I would love to know who was the "problem" getting Justins Show going. Now this! Maybe his Restrante isn't doing as well as he projected and now food network is stuck with giving him a show, I voted for the guy, but, I think he's a problem child.

5. Foodie3 says:

Bring back the instructional, cooking shows! Between the competition shows, fixing broken restaurants and personalities, horrible cooks, bad employees, this is no longer a food channel, but a therapy station. Very disappointed. However, I LOVE the Food Network Magazine. Why not have a show about the magazine recipes?

6. Marianna Cicalese says:

Guy needs to keep his hair looking better…..times it is much too long and needs touch ups more often..

I originally voted him in and love him to death…would love to travel with him….I'm 82 yrs old female.. …but what a treat he is…soooo funny !!!

7. Julie says:

I love Guy's DDD's show…I love watching far out restaurants and watching chef's and non-chef's cook good all fashion food…I was a bit worried that Justin's show took so long to come out even though they changed the format…but anything under Alton's watchful eye will have to be awesome! Good Luck Justin.

8. Mike Wood says:

I am a big fan of Guy and DDD. Watch every episode and reruns. If he wasn't so loved then why are his ratings always the highest of all the chefs? Keep up the good work Food Network because I and thousands of other people love your shows.

• Mike says:

what does this have to do with Justin Warner?

• CRICKETT PEARL says:

I AGREE ITS A GREAT CHOICE,..GONNA BE FUN AND IM GONNA BE WOWED! : )

• CRICKETT PEARL says:

ANOTHER PART OF THE CULINARY EXPERIANCE WOULD BE TO CONSUME OTHER CULTURES AND THE FACT THAT HE IS SO CREATIVE HE WILL BE LIKE A ..MAD-MOBILE-FOOD-GENIOUS. wHO BETTER THAN ALTON TO DO THIS POSITION IF NOT JUSTIN. IT IS HIS OWN REBEL HES SEEKING OUT. COMPETITORS? mAYBE THIS WAS HIS WISH..TO TRAVEL.
        IT SEEMS THAT IS A CHOICE THEY GIVE THE HOSTS, RACHAEL RAY AND HER HUSBAND DID IT AND I HEARD HER MENTION A COUPLE TIMES HOW AMAZING IT HAD BEEN TO FINALLY GET TO SEE ALL THE PLACES SHE HAD ALWAYS WANTED TO VISIT WHILE DOING WHAT SHE ABSOLUTELY LOVED. (GIADA DOES IT TOO. ) THEY ALL HAVE SHOT FROM OTHER LOCATIONS AND HAD GUEST APPEARANCES. PAULA HAD HER SONS ON ALL THE TIME, NOW THEY HAVE SHOWS, MABE HE IS A RECRUITER?! AND HE'S GONNA SPREAD SOME MAGIC TO THERS IN HIS REALM.

WITH JUSTIN ON THE ROAD HE WILL DO SOMETHING SUPER COOL WITH IT, ALTON STILL CREATED AND UTILIZED ALL ENVIRONMENTS TO WAPOW! PEOPLE: )
        MAYBE JUSTIN NEEDS THE OPEN RANGE TO FIND HIS ..FLAIR. IM BETTING IT WILL BE A SHOCKING GREAT SHOW. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT EVEN IF IM PROVED WRONG; ( ;)

9. Tina says:

What! he's not going to be cooking! I've waited months for another show about places to eat and weird food? Disappointed…

• Tanya says:

I agree. I was SO excited when Justin won Food Network Star and I couldn't wait to see him cook. Now they have a show for him (finally, when they said it was coming fall of 2012) and he's not gonna cook? What are the producers thinking? With his level of skill, he has to cook something!

10. luv4bubba says:

Justin's cooking is what we want "with a culinary cause".