Friendly Fish Kisses — Worst Cooks in America Caption It

by in Recipes, February 22nd, 2013

Alext Stein on Worst Cooks in AmericaWe’re just one week into the fourth season of Worst Cooks in America, and if the first day of Boot Camp was any indication, Chef Anne was correct when she promised the recruits, “This is going to be a brutal seven weeks.” In the premiere episode, the contestants reluctantly said goodbye to their most prized kitchen possession — the microwave — and attempted to embrace from-scratch cooking by tackling a familiar favorite: meat and potatoes. Some finalists rose to the challenge, turning out dishes that were shockingly impressive for their first tries, while others offered plates that proved barely palatable to mentors Bobby and Anne.

For at least a short time on Sunday’s brand-new episode, it seems from the sneak-peek photo above that the recruits are leaving their cares over the kitchen behind and embarking on a hands-on fishing trip. Here, “Primetime 99″ Alex Stein not only poses with his prized catch of the day but lays a few fish kisses on it as well, proving that at least one of the recruits finds success on the high seas. Do you think the other contestants will get as up close and personal with their scaly friends as Alex did, or will some shy away from these underwater creatures?

Before you tune in this Sunday at 9pm/8c to find out which competitors make it past week two of Boot Camp, we’re challenging you, Worst Cooks in America fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this offshore moment in the comments below.

Think you have what it takes to make it at Boot Camp? Take Food Network’s Worst Cooks in America Culinary Quiz to find out.

Caramelized Onion, Mushroom and Gruyere Quiche — Meatless Monday

Quiche is perfect when you’re in the mood to indulge. Made by baking creamy eggs with cheese and preparing them in a buttery pastry crust, this ...

1. pandora2013 says:

Geesh, if you guys don't like it just don't watch. DUH. I just wish they would get the short gal, Carla, a stool.

2. Mary says:

I just want to say i love the show, there are enough violent shows and hospital show on tv, i enjoy watching people trying to do there best on learning new things, i don't care if it is staged, i get a laugh out of some of them, there is enough to make us depressed, don't you think. Please keep the one that is in love with Bobby, i think she is so funny, i love her. I look forward to the next show, it seems to go by so fast.

3. Beth says:

The guy on the blue team (I believe it is Alan) is not who he is pretending to be as a WORST CHEF….
    he was in the top 20 of MASTER CHEF with Gordan Ramsey – home cook, maybe – but he should not have been let thru to misrepresent your show……SCREEN YOUR APPLICANTS…..I watched the
    first 2 seasons but not anymore – I like Anne and Bobby – but he not who they think he is as far as a chef……

• Nope... says:

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Ryan Umane aka "The Flavor Elevator" on last season of Masterchef… he was obnoxious too, but not Alex. Alex Stein was on Glass House… not Masterchef.

4. Can't Cook Either says:

Women kiss frogs for a prince, men kiss fish for a princess who knew.

5. Can't Cook Either says:

I didn't realize fish have teeth!

6. Marsha Tiffany says:

Kiss me now, don't kiss me later cause I'll be cooked up next to a tater. Marsha from Corona

7. Donald says:

Not tonight, dear…I've got a haddock.

8. freddie says:

talk about being bullys, if any of these cooks talked to me like they do on these shows they would get a
    fry pan upside the head!

9. Dawnskye says:

Be at one with the fish…love your fish..ohmmmmmm

10. lexi says:

if you want to cook a fish, you have to get to know it first!