Friendly Fish Kisses — Worst Cooks in America Caption It

by in Recipes, February 22nd, 2013

Alext Stein on Worst Cooks in AmericaWe’re just one week into the fourth season of Worst Cooks in America, and if the first day of Boot Camp was any indication, Chef Anne was correct when she promised the recruits, “This is going to be a brutal seven weeks.” In the premiere episode, the contestants reluctantly said goodbye to their most prized kitchen possession — the microwave — and attempted to embrace from-scratch cooking by tackling a familiar favorite: meat and potatoes. Some finalists rose to the challenge, turning out dishes that were shockingly impressive for their first tries, while others offered plates that proved barely palatable to mentors Bobby and Anne.

For at least a short time on Sunday’s brand-new episode, it seems from the sneak-peek photo above that the recruits are leaving their cares over the kitchen behind and embarking on a hands-on fishing trip. Here, “Primetime 99″ Alex Stein not only poses with his prized catch of the day but lays a few fish kisses on it as well, proving that at least one of the recruits finds success on the high seas. Do you think the other contestants will get as up close and personal with their scaly friends as Alex did, or will some shy away from these underwater creatures?

Before you tune in this Sunday at 9pm/8c to find out which competitors make it past week two of Boot Camp, we’re challenging you, Worst Cooks in America fans, to write your best captions (tastefully appropriate, please) for this offshore moment in the comments below.

Think you have what it takes to make it at Boot Camp? Take Food Network’s Worst Cooks in America Culinary Quiz to find out.

Pecan Tassies — Down-Home Comfort

Get Virginia Willis' recipe for Pecan Tassies, i.e. bite-size pecan pies. They're perfect for holiday festivities and easy to prepare....

1. lcsa99 says:

Now if only you could kiss your wife like that!

2. Juicy says:

What,not on my lips?

3. takeoutonly says:

Man: "Hey baby, my name is Gil…wanna hang out down by the pier tonight?"

Fish: "You're crazy if you think I'm going to falll for you hook, line, and sinker!"

4. GARY GIBSON says:

WORST COOKS IN AMERICAN IS PROBABLY THE WORST SHOW ON THE COOKING CHANNEL.
    WHY CAN'T WE HAVE REAL COOKS AND REAL FOOD AND ABLE TO LEARN SOMETHING TO MAKE.
    THIS LESS THAN INTERTAINING PROGRAM IN ON FOR AN HOUR ON FRIDAY AFTERNOONS AND IS NOT WORTHY OF MY TIME. ALSO DIVES, DRIVE-INS, ETC IS ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF TRYING TO FILL TIME ON THE AIR AND IT'S NOT WORTHY EITHER.
    PLEASE SHOW SOMETIME THATS EDUCATIONAL AND WORTH WHILE.

GARY GIBSON

• johnsnare says:

Hello Gary. You have ecohed my sentiments exactly. Who is really interested in how awful a person can prepare a meal.? I look to be entertained, not end up with a headache. As a longtime food Network fan, this show has to be the least desired program. Also, Miss Burel, who obviously is a great Chef, has a personality like a cockroach. How do you demean,insult, and literally, disgrace someone on national TV.? You would have to have your head examined to appear on that show, or be desperate for attention. This show is a loser.

• C Vera S says:

Your shouting in capitals almost gave me a headache. The show îs what it îs – funny nonsence. I love it and watch it every year. I learned how to break down a chicken last year and how to properly șaute chicken and fish. My family was thrilled. I need a good laugh on Sunday nights. Watch something else. (I can't stand Guy Fierte's shows either!)

• lexi says:

Hey Gary Gibson, it shows you how to cook on the show. I am a kid and i learn a lot form food network and all their shows. So please DO NOT be mean.

P.S- I bet you don't even watch it.( You probably watched it once and hated it. You should watch it again, give it another try.)

5. SillyBoy says:

Oh..my..god!….I hope my boyfriend did not see that.

Water…water….Need Water NOW…I cannot breathe….He Kissed me, He REALLY kissed me!

6. Rob says:

Alex is as fishy as the fish he's kissing since he was on "The Glass House". Another reality show that was on ABC. I thought The Food Network was better than that…

• Aly durlock says:

I thought I saw Alex this summer on the show "glass house". On Abc. He was so mean that he was voted off first. And now he is here. Talk about a reality show freak he is. Maybe. FN should check into, the backgrounds of the, people they are putting on.. I mean he'll I can burn toast an try an get on if I was a reality show freak like Alex.

• Beth says:

I believe he was also on MASTER CHEF – need a better APPLICANT SCREENING REVIEW……
        This reality show hopping ruins a good thing………

7. Bri says:

I'm fast on the football field, I'm fast in the kitchen, and I'm fast with fish in bed

8. hong says:

"Fish are my friend…" I feel sorry for Aadip! Too bad there's all these animals you have to chop up :( I feel your pain…

Chef Bobbi, I am glad you didn't cut Carla this week. She is the reason why I watch your show.

In terms of the show in general — I kind of don't get why someone has to get cut every week. They should all get free lessons to the end or at least halfway through the show. Then after that, it can become a "competition." Doesn't it cost someone logistically to show up at the studio to cook every day? And then one of them might only get a few lessons? Only the students who are hardly making any effort should be cut at all.

• Stacy says:

It's almost impossible to participate in this show as a vegetarian. In the real world, if you want to cook for yourself and others, you're going to have to get over it. I'm not being mean but did Aadip think that they were only going to cook vegetables? I don't like certain foods but I'll fix them for others.
      Carla is the reason I have to mute the show. She is too annoying with her over-the-top flirting with Bobby Flay. She looks like she's ready to jump his bones. I'm sure her husband and Stephanie March might watch this. I want her to show some class and dignity and tone it way down.