Best 5 Pork Chop Recipes by Maria Russo in Recipes, February 19th, 2013
- Comments (4)
In many homes, chicken bears the brunt of being the dinnertime protein, thanks to its easy versatility and quick cooking time. But it no longer needs to be the go-to main dish. Instead of resorting to everyday chicken breasts, try cooking pork chops instead. Depending on their size, most pre-cut chops require less than 20 minutes of cooking time, and like chicken, they’re a blank canvas on which to showcase your favorite marinades, flavorful herbs and bold sauces. Try Food Network’s top-five pork chop recipes below, each an easy, can-do dinner that will impress kids and grownups alike, then browse our entire collection of pork chop recipes for more inspiration.
5. Potato-Crusted Pork Chops With Pesto Sauce — For a salty bite and crunchy texture, coat a pork loin with crushed potato chips and fresh herbs, then roast until juicy and serve with a creamy pesto-herb sauce.
4. Pork Chops With Golden Apple Sauce — In a tried-and-true pairing of apples and pork, Rachael tops caramelized pork chops with a sweetened applesauce made with fresh ginger and golden raisins.
3. Stuffed Pork Chops — After filling bone-in pork chops with a cornbread-bacon mixture, Pat and Gina Neely use toothpicks to secure the opening shut, then grill the meat for just a few minutes per side.
2. Parmesan-Crusted Pork Chops — Made with just a few ingredients, Giada’s simply sauteed chops are breaded with a light mixture of Italian-style breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and served with lemon for a bright, fresh flavor. Click the play button the video below to watch how she makes them.
1. Smothered Pork Chops — Tyler quickly sears his top-rated pork chops (pictured above) to achieve a crispy, golden brown crust, then he simmers them in a smooth buttermilk gravy until they’re moist and tender.