You Won’t Catch Jeff Mauro Eating This Food

by in Food Network Chef, January 25th, 2013

Jeff MauroWe recently caught up with Jeff and asked him about the recent baskets featured on the second episode of Chopped Champions. Just like with Justin, Melissa and Sunny, everyone has ideas about what they would do if they were given the baskets themselves. But what if you were faced with an ingredient that you detested in one of the baskets? That’s what Jeff would have encountered in the dessert round when the basket consisted of Mitmita, Sauternes, cottage cheese and cream-filled snack cakes. So which ingredient keeps Jeff 10 feet away?

“Cottage cheese holds the number one place on my personal no-no list. I’ve never consumed it and never will. My brother Frank loves the stuff and he used to chase me around the house with a near-empty bowl of it. Just the sight of those few remaining curds in the bowl would send me screaming into the bathroom, where I would frantically lock myself in.”

So what would Jeff do if he were given this specific Chopped basket? “Needless to say, I would throw in the towel on this one!”

Now it’s your turn: What’s the one food you won’t touch? Do you share Jeff’s feelings about cottage cheese? Share your answer in the comment section below.

Jesse Palmer Previews the First-Ever Food Truck Face Off

As four industry rookies take their places in the premiere series of Food Truck Face Off, host Jesse Palmer will be on hand to oversee the contest as ...

1. Foodie3 says:

Any part of lamb, goat, any gamey type animal. Just the smell of it turns my stomach. I'd walk out, money or not!!!

2. @CuriusBlack says:

i'd never cook or eat okra! it's so disgusting & slimy!

3. kathleen says:

Won't touch liver, no way, no how… can't get it past the back of my throat…

4. LINDA CALDWELL says:

i love jeff i think he is the real deal and has a carerr on this network

5. FoodProf says:

Agree with liver. My #1 though is Alfalfa Sprouts. Can't stand them…

6. Juli says:

I have 2. Mushrooms & mustard of any kind. I can't even stand the smell of them. I can't even eat the tiniest amount without gagging. YUCK!!! I would rather eat a plate of bugs.

7. danielmodell says:

Cottage cheese is great, I don't know what his problem is. There are lots of foods that make me ill. Shellfish is high on my list.

• florida girl forever says:

I LOVE cottage cheese…but all shellfish are in my diet also. Of course I live in Florida, and seafood of all kinds are very available. :)

8. Lisa says:

not any kind of organ meat, kidney, brain, tripe, liver…..YUCK!

9. Peavey Bassman says:

I will not eat anything connected to reproduction (mountain oysters) nor will I eat anything used for viewing the world (eyes).