This past weekend in San Francisco, Winter Fancy Food Show attendees discovered more than 80,000 products — from cheeses to teas to olive oils and meats, there’s no shortage of food and beverages to captivate industry insiders, food-lovers, restaurateurs and the media.
The show also predicts upcoming trends for the industry. Last year we saw lots of pickling (which made its way into many restaurants), ancient grains (quinoa and chia), coconut in ice cream, pudding and jam, and gluten-free products that people can rely on.
This year’s top food trends have just been picked by a panel of trendspotters, and bananas will now have their time in the spotlight. Still staying in the sweets bucket, the trendspotters loved the banana within Vosges Haut-Chocolat’s Wild Ophelia Peanut Butter & Banana Milk Chocolate Bar, PB Crave’s CoCo Bananas Peanut Butter and GoodPop’s Banana Cinnamon Frozen Pop.
Bring this trend into your kitchen by trying these recipes:
- Ree’s Campfire Banana Boats
- Paula’s Not Yo’ Mama’s Banana Pudding
- Ina’s Banana Crunch Muffins
Continue reading for more trends: Top Five Food Trends Spotted at Winter Fancy Food Show
- Burger Bash 2017 Winners: Little Jack’s Tavern and Jr’s Gourmet Burgers
- This Purse Has a Secret That’s Perfect for Sipping
- 7 Reasons Why Italian Food Is Best Enjoyed on the Beach, As Learned at the South Beach Wine & Food Festival
- Confused About the Expiration Dates on Foods? You’re Not Alone