What’s in Your Ultimate Chopped Basket?

by in Shows, January 21st, 2013

Chopped BasketThree rounds, three different baskets and 12 out-of-this-world ingredients. Whether it’s Chopped Champions, All-Stars or regular-season episodes, that’s a lot of combinations to come up with.

So we’re asking this question: What would be included in your ultimate Chopped basket? Not something you’d want to receive, but something you’d give to a fellow competitor. Would there be two proteins? All sweets? Would you include one or two ingredients they’ve probably never heard of? It can be argued that the simplest ingredients like eggs, chicken, pasta and rice are sometimes the hardest.

Tell us what you’d choose in the comments below.

Celebrate Thanksgiving with Food Network in November

Thanksgiving is coming! Thanksgiving is coming! And it’s certainly not something we take lightly here at Food Network. Why? Because it’s a...

1. Lindsay says:

We would also love to see an episode with limited ingredients in the pantry for the chefs. Our daughter has severe food allergies to eggs and dairy along with a mild allergy to peanuts. It would be very interesting to see how they handle the lack of ingredients we've had to adapt to daily.

2. rebecca boyd says:

Appetizer: jumbo shrimp, grape jam, peas, stuffing
    Entree: pork chops, purple cauliflower, white wine, potatoes
    Dessert: yellow cake mix, strawberries, volka, agar

3. Mary says:

Wild rice! Good luck cooking THAT in the allotted time.

4. Darina Reynolds says:

appetizer- chocolate donuts, cashews, duck breast, tofu.
    entree- veal shanks, garbanzo beans, rice crackers, haggus.
    dessert- liver, brown sugar, pickled beets, pound cake.

5. minervaromulus says:

Having gone to my first ever gun show today (andlikely my last), I was inspired by the survivalist food products. How about a Chopped episode using only ingredients from either MRE's (military meals ready to eat) or emergency preparedness foods?

6. @tammysnook3 says:

I watch chopped every night even reruns! I love it! I would like to see what they would do with, an entree basket filled with : boneless skinless chicken breast or tenders, ranch dressing, frosted corn flakes, and stuffing mix. I know what I would do, would they?

7. blueraven43 says:

Appetizer: .pig ears, peanut butter, marsh mellows, pretzels, whip cream

Entrée: edibles flowers, corn flakes, cream dressing, anchovies, fish eyes

dessert: peach flavored liquer, bacon, sausage, cupcakes, butterscotch frosting

8. nmk9543 says:

Dessert:
    -Prosecco
    -Instant Pudding mix
    -Avocado
    -Ancho Chili peppers

9. Lia says:

I think they should do a tween chopped where children ages 10-12 compete.

• nmk9543 says:

Similar concept already took place as a special event. I assume the pool of contestants wasn't big enough to make it an ongoing event.

10. sylmjk says:

My mother grabbed frozen peas, frozen blueberries (she was in a hurry and thought they were peas) and cooked these items with the chicken wings we were having, Italian style, steamed in vinegar. The dish was atrocious and I am wondering if the unsuspecting contestants of Chopped could do anything else with these ingredients in 20 or 30 minutes, or whatever they get. It was horrible, and an utter waste of blueberries I thought.