VOTE: What Would You Cook for Bobby Flay?

by in Polls, Shows, January 9th, 2013

Bobby's Dinner BattleOn Bobby’s Dinner Battle, Bobby Flay‘s brand-new show premiering Wednesday, Jan. 16, at 10pm/9c, this professional chef and restaurateur visits teams of experienced home cooks across the country. These cooks are challenged to create themed three-course dinner parties to be judged by himself, a special guest and fellow competitors in the ultimate at-home cook-off. While some teams rely on advanced cooking techniques to showcase their star power, others turn out favorite classic recipes, but they all must learn to cope with the pressure of cooking for such a high-profile dinner-party guest as Bobby.

Imagine for a moment that you are one of the home cooks on Bobby’s Dinner Battle. What meal would you serve to such a famed food star, one who’s inevitably enjoyed meals from some of the very best chefs in the country? Would you opt for a no-fail crowd-pleaser that you’ve made countless times, or would you offer him an elegant feast of the finest dishes? Since Bobby is the master of all things barbecue, might you rely on sticky, saucy ribs to win him over? Would you try to impress him with your take on one of his own recipes, or would you simply direct him to your stove and saute pan and politely ask him to cook for you?

We want to know: If Bobby came to your home, what would you cook for him?

Find out more about Bobby’s Dinner Battle, plus get all of the details on Bobby’s brand-new Web series, Bobby Flay Fit.

Alton Cooks the Superstar Sabotage Tournament: Steak

At its most basic, a surf and turf dish includes one seafood and one land-based element, so on this week’s Cutthroat Kitchen: Superstar Sabotage...

1. Courtney B. says:

I would make Bobby my twist on an eggplant 'rollup' with prochutto and a red wine sauce over pasta.

2. I would love to cook with Bobby, not for Bobby.

3. Danielle says:

I'd want to have fun with it, and make it casual. I'd want to make him something that I'd think he'd never tried before, or at least not tried that much, with clean, fresh ingredients. In my twitter response I posted:

Tacos Iguanas with cilantro lime mayo in fresh stone-ground flour tortilla w/fried lotus chips,& guava/passion fruit margarita!

Speaking of, I could use a margarita right now.

4. Mandy says:

I agree with Cynthia. Collaboration meals are the best!

5. Marcia says:

I've been working on a traditional japanese ramen with rich pork broth. How about that?

6. Tracy Turner says:

My most famous carrot cake.. I am pretty sure it is the best on the planet..

7. Morgan rock says:

I would make a vegan meal that could hold a BBQ flame to the sticky ribs that bobby loves.

Meaty and spicy without the meat or dairy.

8. Morgan rock says:

Meaty and spicy without the meat or dairy.

9. Meat Pudding says:

Corned beef and cabbage with veggies and boxty. I've never seen anyone grill corned beef before. Was wondering if it could be done.

10. Dean Hastings says:

I would make Scallops, baked in a white wine sauce served over wild rice. Servd wih crisp green beans and asparagus on the side !