The Perfect Midnight Snack — Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off

by in Shows, January 9th, 2013

Rachael Ray and Guy Fieri
Rachael vs. GuyOn this past Sunday’s episode of Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off, the bottom two celebrity contestants, Kathy and Gilbert, competed in a midnight-snack cook-off to determine who was to go home. Kathy made a hummus that both coaches raved about. Though Gilbert’s second attempt at a peanut butter sandwich was better than the one he made for the dinner theater challenge, it wasn’t good enough to save him.

Which midnight snack do you think is better: Kathy’s hummus with toasted pita chips or Gilbert’s peanut butter and banana sandwich? Vote in the poll after the jump.

More from Rachael vs. Guy:
Photo Highlights from Episode 1
Rewatch Episode 1

As many of you may know, midnight snacks are often the only way to satisfy late-night stomach rumblings, especially when they wake you up. Whether it’s leftover pizza, cookies, a PB&J or hummus and chips, eating something — anything — seems like the only way to get back to sleep.

Recipe Ideas:
Rachael’s Hummus Pit-zas
Rachael’s Crunchy Monkey Peanut Butter-Banana Sticks
Guy’s Roasted Red Bell Pepper Hummus
Guy’s Strawberry and Banana Stuffed French Toast With Grand Marnier Syrup
Plus More Snack Ideas From Food Network

Seeing that everyone has a favorite go-to midnight snack, FN Dish wants to know, what’s yours?

What’s your perfect midnight snack? What would you have made for Rachael and Guy? Leave a comment below.

Don’t forget to watch Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off on Sundays at 9pm/8c and keep coming back to FN Dish for more exclusive content.

Tater Tots Are Getting Their Chance to Shine in This Crispy Casserole Dish

Tater Tots have long been a side dish darling, with the versatility to accompany nearly any meal, from breakfast to dinner. But in this week’s Chopp...

1. Wyn says:

I go with peanutter and banana. It's a little softer on stomach for midnight.

2. cheese says:

i want Carnie's mac-n-cheese receipe

3. 2ndbestfriend says:

Hummus anytime. I'm not going to go out & buy jars of peanut butter & jelly. Ever.

4. Ron says:

Doesn't matter…this show really sucked. While I am a fan of both Rachael and Guy, I wouldn't waste another minute watching this season.

5. Guest says:

Seriously people? You watch this program? Just viewing the commercials makes me feel like canceling my cable subscription.

6. John says:

"The perfect midnight snack: Rachael vs Guy celebrity cook off?" So the cook off is a perfect midnight snack?

7. Sherie29 says:

I want Chilli to win. I'm a big fan of TLC

8. Mel says:

What were the producers thinking? Gilbert Gottfried couldn't cook at all. Not even a chance in that competition. Poor guy was set up to lose.

• Vicki says:

I thought about that, but then I realized he knew he couldn't cook. Everyone but the others on his team seemed to know. He really just did it to get a little publicity for his charity. He was there as a sacrificial lamb for the first night. I don't think he or the producers thought otherwise. My issue is he is a good comedian but couldn't they find better stars who could cook? None of them seem as good and competent as last season's group.

9. Gene says:

HUMMUS??????

A midnight snack is supposed to be quick and simple which in my mind automatically excludes making hummus