Team Rachael or Team Guy? Celebrity Chefs Weigh In

by in Shows, January 8th, 2013

At last year’s New York City Wine and Food Festival, FN Dish had the opportunity to chat with a few celebrity chefs and ask them whose team they would be on: Rachael’s or Guy’s. Watch the video above to see Geoffrey Zakarian, Melissa d’Arabian, Ted Allen, Andrew Zimmern and Anthony Bourdain, among others, weigh in. Find out the team they would choose and why.

Don’t forget to watch Rachael vs.Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off on Sundays at 9pm/8c and come back to FN Dish for exclusive interviews and behind-the-scenes content.

What to Watch: Let Food Network Magazine Take You On a Cross-Country Culinary Tour

Join Bobby Flay and Food Network Magazine on a cross-country culinary expedition to find the most-delicious dishes in the country....

1. ivydancer says:

I enjoyed the premiere episode of "Celebrity Chef". Hopefully this show will be impartial and not faked Like "Next Iron Chef" is. One concern: can't Food Network get better celebrities? I had only the slighest recollection who most of the "celebrities" were. I was set to root for Gilbert Gottfried initially, but he shouldn't have been on the show in the first place.

2. Marsha says:

I am not sure why they would have Gottfried on this show if he can't make anything better than a pb&j. I'll give it another go, but it was kind of boring, imo.
    They should change the name of the channel to the Food TV Game Show channel.

• virginia says:

I agree Marsha…I think it was very unfair to the rest of the contestants to have a team member that was totally inept and unable to participate meaningfully….

3. Stella says:

This show is a glorious train wreck. Only Guy Fieri and Rachael Ray would be involved with a cooking competition that featured someone who couldn't even competently assemble a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

4. Trisha says:

Obviously, Gilbert Gottfried thought he was going on "Worst Cook in America". This was painful to watch.

The 1st season had a better lineup – Lou Diamond Phillips, Coolio, and Joey Fantone were fun to watch each week. This season – I'll pass.

5. Nan honey says:

Yah…and then Guy whom I don't understand as he is a family man picks the cheater..Dean McWho??? I'm like who the heck is that???… so I looked him up and now I remember… That second class actor who cheated on his wife and left her with a baby and young son! Not anyone I want to watch! and i thought it was called Celebrity cook-off!! I can't stand him!!! He thinks he's hot but he really is not! Loved his first wife's divorce stinks book! Very enlightening! Reading some of the other posts here,,Dont vote for this creep either!

6. Wayne says:

Same stupid low class fiasco as when Janet Jackson exposed herself at the SuperBowl game….evidently not knowing or caring about who might be offended. FN is too afraid of getting flack to apologize and they just dont care. These episodes are filmed in advance and they could have easily not shown it or done something to prevent its airing so in my opinion, they either didnt care or thought we'd all find it amusing….same as Janet thought….WRONG!

I also turned it off and wont turn it back on.

• 2ndbestfriend says:

May I ask why you present this scenario where a celebrity cooking contest is reliably & accurately compared with a football 1/2 time show, which aired on another network 8 years ago? I completely disagree with your opinion.

7. Guest says:

Seriously? First they were dancing with the stars, now cooking with them? Waste of time. FN, ur going down hill.

8. maryanna813 says:

I don't like this show and will not be watching it. Guy, you shine on "diners, drive ins and dives" and when you cook at home with your boys. Why are you doing this show?
    The food network channel has sure changed a lot. What happened to when you learned cooking techniques and recipes? Please get rid of these goofy shows.
    Once it was my favorite channel but know it is not..

9. guest says:

FN programming is seriously deteriorating.
    First, Next Iron Chef is clearly fixed from the start, awarding the title to the least inspired & most risk-averse chef while blowing off the more talented competitors.
    Now, a celebrity cooking competition with people whose claim to fame is that they are married to a has-been (or a never-was) and someone who can't even cook. Seriously? NO credibility here.
    Where is the sparkle? the talent? the learning? It's a real shame :(

• guest says:

And some socialite? Who is she – Paris H 20 years from now? Another nobody, unlikeable, untalented.

• lainer62-portland says:

I love your use of the word "risk-averse" – it is so right on!!!!!!!!!!!

• guest says:

I agree with you on all points. FN is now just a constant loop of Chopped & Diner, Drive-Ins, and Dives. The Guy vs Rachael is just a way of these has-beens to try and revive a long dead career. I think Carney Wilson has done just about every reality show there is because her music career has gone no-where. I rarely if ever watch FN anymore. Cooking Channel is a little better with its program. Please FN go back to what you were at one time a channel with acutal cooking shows.

10. 2ndbestfriend says:

I enjoyed this episode tremendously. Plus, it was exactly as advertised & exactly what I'd expect from a celebrity cook-off on a specialty network. I honestly cannot comprehend why anyone is having a problem with any contestant or either host. It's actually refreshing to see this popular reality tv formula applied to a cooking show.

• guest says:

The formula is okay – last year's series was fun.
      This year's cast sucks – little personality, less inspiration & someone whose entire repertoire is peanut butter sandwiches.
      Boo!