Reinvented: Oatmeal 4 Ways

by in Recipes, January 10th, 2013

Oatmeal 4 Different WaysHere in Food Network Kitchens, we love simple, classic recipes. We are also paid to think about food all day. So we’ve taken classic foods and drinks and reimagined them in three, four or five different ways. No standard recipes here, just the occasional technique and pictures. Think of it as a picture recipes.

Oatmeal is a warm and cozy way to start the day off right and is great for its stick to your ribs heartiness during the winter. We took the basic oatmeal recipe and spun it four different ways to spice up your morning breakfast routine.

First, start with your favorite oatmeal:

Start with your favorite oatmeal, then add these fun additions

Here are several ideas to add new life to the classic:

Oatmeal Recipes

Grilled Wings
Deviled Eggs
Salsa
Sweet Popcorn
Chicken Salad

Grilled Shiitake and Tofu Banh Mi — Meatless Monday

Chicken, burgers, brats and barbecue may be all the rage on Labor Day, but you don’t have to forgo your plans for Meatless Monday on account of ...

1. wow says:

oat meals huh? funnny!

2. Jenny E says:

Why add all that refined sugar? I find that fresh fruit (e.g. blueberries, banana, apple, sliced peach, etc.), sliced almonds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, cardamom and/or cinnamon add nutrition and flavour to ordinary oatmeal.

3. Sarah says:

I love oatmeal with crumbled bacon in it. It is so good.

4. Sherry says:

I enjoy Oatmeal with: A pad of butter-dark/brown sugar-cinnamom & raisins *yum*

5. Sherry says:

Pat of butter

6. In a Jam says:

I like bananas in oatmeal. They have the same creamy texture & the banana is not too sweet. Add some peanut butter & maybe crumbled bacon like one blogger sugests & you could have Elvis oats! I'm kiding but oatmeal is a food you can be very creative with.

7. Kirsti says:

Thanks for the new ideas. I have a bunch of oatmeal that I've been avoiding because it's not my favorite. I like everything with chocolate and peanut butter though – great idea!

8. mary says:

I've been adding flax seeds, dried cranberries and coconut milk! yummy

9. Virginia says:

I use instant Quaker Oats- pureed oats in blender= then store in same container. For 1 serving add 3TBSP of purred oatmeal to 8oz of evaporated milk or coconut milk, with 1/2 tsp of cinnamon,1/4 tsp of ground cloves,1/2 tsp of vanilla extract, 1 dab of butter. stir constantly till cooked, about 30 minutes. Good for Diabetics & the elderly with no teeth. I used to give it to my toddlers & they still ask me to prepare it when they come to visit.

10. Roland says:

I may be missing something here, but Quaker Oats, or any other branded oats, don't really have to be cooked for any length of time…For years I have just poured boiling water to cover, plus an inch or so, in a saucepan with my oats, sugar, fruit, or whatever I wish to add, cover and leave alone, for ten or fifteen minutes. Done…then I can add cream, coconut milk or whatever else I have a fancy for at that time, (including a dram of rum) and enjoy.
    This works brilliantly with Viginia's additives.