Meet Gilbert Gottfried — Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off

by in Shows, January 3rd, 2013

Gilbert Gottfried
Rachael vs. GuyFN Dish is counting down to the season 2 premiere of Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off by introducing a new celebrity contestant every day. The competition tests the celebrities to see who has the culinary chops to win the title of champion and guarantees a $50,000 donation to the winner’s charity of choice. Watch the premiere on Sunday, January 6, at 9pm/8c and keep coming back to FN Dish for exclusive interviews and behind-the-scenes previews.

Actor and stand-up comedian Gilbert Gottfried is most recognizable for lending his voice to characters in animated movies and commercials, such as Iago in Aladdin and the Aflac duck. His earliest food memory involves a lamb chop, but it’s not what you would think. Get to know Gilbert from his Q&A with FN Dish.

What’s your earliest food memory?
Gilbert Gottfried: Being chased down the street by an angry lamb chop

What’s the best meal you ever ate?
GG: Anything that someone else paid for

Going into Rachael vs. Guy, who did you think was going to be your biggest competition?
GG: All of them

Favorite pizza topping?
GG: That depends — is the topping extra?

Who is your favorite food TV personality, past or present?
GG: Any one of them that would come to my house and cook me a meal, I will gladly mention.

What food will we never catch you eating?
GG: Fried scorpion, although I like to use their tails to pick my teeth with

What’s your signature party dish?
GG: I don’t use my dishes during parties. I bring out the paper plates.

Sweet tooth, salt tooth or both?
GG: Abscess

What kitchen tool can’t you live without?
GG: Screwdriver

What’s the most surprising thing we’d find in your fridge?
GG: Jimmy Hoffa

What music do you like to listen to in the kitchen?
GG: The dinging of the microwave — it’s fun to dance to

Gilbert is playing for The Gift of Laughter: The Friars Foundation Wounded Warriors Program.

Meet the rest of the celebrities:
Chilli
Cornelia Guest
Dean McDermott
Kathy Najimy
Hines Ward
Carnie Wilson
Johnny Weir

Restaurant Revisited: Holy Cow! at Country Cow Restaurant and Bar

The situation at Country Cow Restaurant and Bar wasn’t what it seemed when Robert Irvine first arrived there. Co-owner Jenny Leonzi admitted tha...

1. @Randgalt says:

I can't wait to see Gilbert tell the Aristocrats on Guy vs Rachael!

2. sjr56 says:

Gilbert is my fan fav! so you better make the best PB&J you can!!!!!!

3. Thom Jackson says:

Why did you select select a celebrity that couldn't cook anything? If Gilbert could have made anything Johnny Weir might have gotten the boot. Now we are stuck with him for another week at least.

4. Fredd Emmer says:

Gilbert got kicked off first :(

5. Epic Fail says:

I like Gilbert, but that was a hard casting choice to figure out. Someone somewhere along the line had to have known to tell him he had to know how to cook. Unless someone at FN didn't like him and put him on to humiliate him, or make him the sacrificial cow to be send home first.

And for the record, I would have rather have a PB and banana sandwich for a midnight snack than hummus any night.

6. Mary says:

This whole thing with Gilbert has me scratching my head. Why was he selected for the show if FN Producers knew he could not cook. I don't think he was even given a chance. And since when do you begin with a challenge to cook for 100 people? The first episode was a major disappointment as far as I am concerned and I don't think I will bother watching the rest.

7. kap says:

I wish Gilbert had just been a guest instead of a contestant. I think it wasted a d list celebrity's opportunity to have a chance at showing skills. Gilbert would have been a fantastic host or MC, but instead was a ringer for the first loss. Too bad.

8. Katchick says:

I'll say it again… Gilbert Godfried even cast in the show? His Q & A was only jokes… and not even really funny at that. I don't understand why the producers even cast him knowing he couldn't cook. I don't even think he's a good commedian, I think he's just retarted and folks are trying to be nice to him…. yuk! I like the show, I'd just REALLY REALLY like to see more integrity in it. This was a poor showing… POOR! If he wants to raise money or awareness for his charity, Lord, let him do it in some type of genre that he's familiar with… Oh wait, there are none…..:(

9. 2ndbestfriend says:

Great job, Gilbert! Take care. Opportunity knocked & you answered. That means you _have_ indeed won. Anyone questioning why you were asked to appear obviously has no clue as to what this show is about.

10. Guest says:

I also wonder how he even got cast in this show! I'm not a great cook at all but even I could come up with something other than peanut butter and jelly!