Meet Cornelia Guest — Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off

by in Shows, January 2nd, 2013

Cornelia Guest
Rachael vs. GuyFN Dish is counting down to the season 2 premiere of Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off by introducing a new celebrity contestant every day. The competition tests the celebrities to see who has the culinary chops to win the title of champion and guarantees a $50,000 donation to the winner’s charity of choice. Watch the premiere on Sunday, January 6, at 9pm/8c and keep coming back to FN Dish for exclusive interviews and behind-the-scenes previews.

Cornelia Guest is a designer, author and philanthropist who rose to celebrity status as a socialite in the 1980s. You’d think a socialite would never set foot in any kitchen, but Cornelia loves to cook vegetarian food and even caters events. Get to know Cornelia better from her Q&A with FN Dish.

The two words that best describe your cooking style are…
Cornelia Guest: Cruelty-free

What’s your earliest food memory?
CG: Ham sandwiches

What’s the best meal you ever ate?
CG: Truffle pasta

Going into Rachael vs. Guy, who did you think was going to be your biggest competition?
CG: Dean McDermott

Favorite pizza topping?
CG: A pesto sauce

Who is your favorite food TV personality, past or present?
CG: Guy and Rachael…that’s a no-brainer! Then Two Fat Ladies — they were a scream!

What food will we never catch you eating?
CG: Meat

What’s your signature party dish?
CG: My chocolate chip cookies (Cornelia Guest Cruelty-Free Cookies)

Sweet tooth, salt tooth or both?
CG: Sweet!

What kitchen tool can’t you live without?
CG: A knife

What’s the most surprising thing we’d find in your fridge?
CG: Raw chocolate

What music do you like to listen to in the kitchen?
CG: All music — if I’m cooking, I’m dancing and smiling!

Cornelia is playing for The Humane Society of New York.

Meet the rest of the celebrities:
Chilli
Gilbert Gottfried
Dean McDermott
Kathy Najimy
Hines Ward
Carnie Wilson
Johnny Weir

Chicken, or Something Like It — Alton’s After-Show

Chicken has a storied past on Cutthroat Kitchen: Just last season when Giada De Laurentiis stopped by for a special episode, one rival was gifted a wh...

1. David says:

I absolutely love Food Network. One of the main reasons that I do is that it stays true to being about the food and the chefs that are the best at creating great food. I can watch your network at anytime and with any audience in my house because it is clean. If the previews for this show are representative of the content, I will be extremely disappointed. I'm not certain what the fixation with gay sex is, but believe me, the average person (especially those watching Food Network) is not interested in seeing people make out, gay or otherwise. I suspect that you are exploiting the fact that the celebrity is gay, or why make such a big deal about it. Please stick to what made you what you are. Thanks

• Agreed says:

It's an easy fix, just quit watching the shows that are promoting nonsense and not sticking to food related content. Maybe they'll get the idea. We can hope. I've already quit one.

2. Jean says:

I watch food network all of the time. I have to say that I m disappointed about the rachael vs guy celebrity cook off preview I just saw. Why on earth would you have 2 men kissing? I am so sick and tired of being force fed this sort of thing . The reason my husband and I watch your network is because IT HAS ALWAYS been about food And not sex. Really? Clean it up people or you will lose viewers. I won't be watching Guy anymore either because he thinks the gay act was FUNNY. I quit watching rachael rays show because she went from a cooking show to a talk show. Do we really need B rated performers on your network cook off? I think not. I won't be watching it will be annoying. Too bad you fell into the gutter with all of the other networks. So disappointed. Hopefully you will clean this up. Thank you.

3. Carrie says:

Cornelia Guest….REALLY? Foodnetwork…you have hit a new low! Are ratings so bad that you can only come up with desperate 'D' List 'celebs'?? I use the term 'celeb' very loosely. I will pass on this show. I guess Rachel and Guy will do anything to stay in the limelight.

4. Joey says:

My wife and I were looking forward to this new competition, but will now refrain from watching it. I don't understand why it is necessary to show guys kissing. They would have been better off leaving it out of the commercials and just let it happen on the show, but they are advertising it. FN is that what you need to draw viewers. FN has has been airing a few bogus shows here lately, ie Restaurant Stakeout, Health Inspector, Mystery Diner. I guess this new Celeb Cook off will be one also.

I would also like to say. "way to go Alex". You will be a great Iron Chef. I would have been happy with Amanda also. Two classy ladies, great chefs and great judges.

5. Elaine says:

My husband and I have enjoyed The Food Network until last night. Why you think it's appropriate to show Johnny Weir in a sequined strapless dress kissing another man in the new Guy and Rachel show's preview is beyond me. Guess you guys must need the ratings and are willing to stoop pretty low to get them. The food network should be about food, and only food. This isn't the place for politics – politically correct or not. Until this type of content is removed, we'll no longer watch or support this network.

6. LynnCT says:

I watch FN all the time and especially love the competitions and restaurant transformations from Robert Irvine. I love Guy & Rachel's individual cooking shows, but I am on the fence about the new celebrity cook off. As others have noted, the advertisement of anything other than food, cooking, or competition should have nothing to do with the promotion of the show. Personally, gay and sex references don't bother me, if on appropriate networks. From the advertising efforts so far, I can only expect low level celebrities … doing what? Also, why would Cornelia Guest enter a cooking competion and not expect to have to eat any meat?? Vegetarians and veggie food are awesome, but in a competition, you cannot dictate what is expected.

7. judi1962 says:

First, there is no fixation with gay sex, they were doing a skit and if you recall, it was Dean who is straight who kissed Johnny who is gay. But once again, they were doing a skit and the kiss was part of the skit. But if it really turns you off, you can always watch the competition – Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.

• 2ndbestfriend says:

I didn't even think of anything remotely near "gay sex" until I read so many lowbrow & ill-informed comments throughout this site. I really thought Food Network had a different demographic.

8. Monte Le Gre says:

Cornelia's freshness, creativeness and sensitivity will be the winning factor!

9. 2ndbestfriend says:

I've never heard of you but I wish you well. I hope you & all contestants get judged based upon exhibited cooking talent. I know at least the judges & hosts will be fair. Goodness knows what all of these creepy comments & commentors are all about.

10. clov says:

watchng fn for first tim in my life an so are all my friends.. whatevr.. lots of weird people all mad